5/23/2009

Saturday Fail

It is 10pm on Saturday night and I am at home, not quite sure what to do with myself. I took both Thursday and Friday off work because I was sick, but I'm doing a lot better now. I even offered to go into work today, but my boss told me not to worry about it. I made brownies earlier and ate some for dinner. I'm actually kind of disappointed in my brownie eating abilities--my stomach gave up on me long before I expected it to. Stupid stomach.

My dog also seems uncertain of what to do with himself. For about 24 hours, his treatball was lost, and he was heartbroken. It turned out to be behind my dad's recliner, where I looked at least twice before (but whatever, as long as I found it), and now it's almost as if Farley is bored. He begged for brownies earlier, but I'm not about to give chocolate to my 13-year-old dog who has digestive problems already. So right now he's asleep on the area rug in the upstairs sitting area, where I am also sitting. We make quite a pair.

My parents are in Europe for five weeks, and being by myself so much is kind of disorienting. But the internet will affirm my existence! Right? Right?! ...Damn.

Nothing much is new with me. I miss Peter. He'll be back in Canada in a little over a month. He'll only be in town for a month, of course, but I'm trying to focus on the positives. I finally turned off the AC in the house, so it's not freezing cold anymore. When I finally went to poke at the thermostat, it was 63 degrees in here and set to Cool instead of Heat. Brr.

On a random note, I love the mug Jenilee gave me for Christmas. It is very large and holds an excellent amount of tea. And honey. Tea and honey. Mmm. Actually, I went outside a few minutes ago to let my dog out, and the weather was nice enough that tea seemed almost unseasonable. This was a great contrast to earlier in the week, when it was frekaing SNOWING! Actually, come to think of it, I made iced tea earlier today, too. My beverage moods seem to be fickle.

On Wednesday, I was getting gas, and I had a thought that should not cross one's mind in late May: "Holly hell, those trees have leaves on them!" I've noticed more trees with leaves since, but, really, spring is running late this year. Did I mention the snow on Victoria Day? Oh, wait, yes, I did. Usually, it rains in May. The whole "April showers bring May flowers" expression has always been about a month off for Edmonton, but this May has not seen much in the way of actual rain. I'd make some demand about getting a particularly hot July, or maybe a nice warm September in exchange for this, but I know I'll just be disappointed.

Ok, I'm talking about the weather. A lot. This limits my "Blog Post Interest Rating" to no more than a 4 out of 10. So I'm gonna stop while I'm behind. Later, all.

1 comment:

Sean said...

You shouldn't really fault your brownie eating abilities. After all, you just came off being ill for two days. I'm sure you're better when you're healthy.

Mmmmm....brownies....