3/29/2007

Here I Am

Hello, fine people! I aplogize for not posting more lately. That whole APT thing takes up rather a lot of time. This week, however, is Spring Break! I spent the first weekend with an odd stomach bug, but now I'm feeling fit as a fiddle. Except for being sore from yoga. And the fact that I've been having nightmares. *sigh* No such thing as perfection, I guess.

So I've read everybody's blog posts from the past month or so, and I'm now all caught up. Yay for Jo and Eric comeing back!! I take it that's at the end of June? We will have to have dinner. :-) And yay, Angela, for blond boy! Smitten is an excellent state of being. :-)

Things have been pretty standard around here as of late. Peter still has MorPRi's copy of WarioWare. We should get together this weekend for wings or something and get that back to you. During school, I'm there until 5:30 three days a week for rehearsals. I'm conducting some fun stuff, like October and Havendance. Registration for next year is now complete, so I've got two classes of grade 10 students, most of whom have officially decided to not take band next year, but they're still behaving and performing well. I have a lot of prep blocks during the day, since all the after school stuff is for credit and therefore counts towards my mentor teacher's courseload, but the two-hour after school rehearsals are exhausting. Late afternoon is not my best time of day. All in all, though, I'm having fun and getting my work done. I owe the Coutts Library $13, so I can't register for my classes for next year right now, but I've more or less decided to take a full year of at least 8 courses, total, despite only needing 6. I want to take the Popular Music Theory course. Don't look at me like that.

I've been spending my time off watching the second season of Boston Legal on DVD with Peter. I adore that show. I am deliberately avoiding knowing anything about its fan base, though--some things I just want to enjoy unadulterated. I should get my butt in gear and write some lesson plans for next week sometime soon. My mentor teacher leaves for Cuba with the Jazz Band on Thursday morning, so a week from today. He gets back very early on Friday morning of the next week, and is supposed to be around to teach that day. Since the weekend they're gone is Easter, I will have the program to myself for four school days. I'm vaguely terrified, and I wish I could go with them. There will be a sub around, and I've met her, but she's not a band teacher. She's a professional sub. Before I found out that my mentor teacher has requested her, I was going to see if I could get Angela. ^_^ I'm kidding, mostly, but that would have been fun. :-) Then again, I guess Angela's not on the Catholic sub list. :-(

I should go get some lunch. My mom bought a whole bunch more of those Bistro Crustini things, so I think I'll go microwave myself one. :-)

No comments: