10/14/2008

Real Update

Ok, so here's an update that doesn't centre around my internet woes. I hope you all find it entertaining and enlightening.

The buskers in the tube stations are pretty good, for the most part. The weirdest I've come across so far was a banjo player singing in a language I'm 99% certain wasn't English. The two best so far have been a girl playing the guitar and singing a very pretty song with a very pretty voice, and this guy playing jazz on a steel-string guitar in a very evocative manner. I wanted to stand around and listen.

Public transportation for me costs 110 pounds per month. That's for the monthly pass, which is considerably cheaper than doing it any other way. I want my next place to be closer to downtown so that I only have to get a pass for zones 1 and 2, rather than 1-3 like I have now. I don't think we'll be in this place for more than 8 or 9 months. I don't think we'll keep the flat over the summer. I don't know what Chris will do, but I don't think he wants to stay where we are, so a change of location may be in order. Hell, I'm still hoping that Peter and I can get student housing next year. Yay, cheaper and better location! And no ginormous security deposit! ^_^

The internet connection on my phone doesn't tend to work at home because the signal is too weak. I guess that's ok, though, since, generally, I want to use it when I don't have normal access to the internet, which I will at home by Monday (knock on wood). So, unfortunately, I can only access my e-mail once a day, still. =(

That episode of Heroes I torrented? Yeah, it was password-protected. Grr. Anybody have a copy they can send/upload for me? *hopeful smile*

I miss my dog. Dogs are allowed on the tube, here, and I was watching some guy pet his bulldog-looking pet today, and I missed Farley very much. I saw a pigeon yesterday, and my brain did something weird and I smiled at it and nearly called it "puppy." *sniffle*

My bedroom back home is being transformed into the guest room, and my car has been sold. I guess I can't go home now. ^_^ I'm actually feeling pretty good about being here, though, so it's all right. Now that my foot is feeling better (the pain is almost completely gone), it's easier to walk around and go do stuff, so I've been going out by myself while Peter's at school. It's been good. =)

I think that's about it for now. Hope you guys are all doing well. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*hugs* Nita : D

Which episode are you looking for? I have 1 to 4, on my computer currently.

Good to hear life is good, i am same old, same old.

Hope to talk to you later.

Jeni