11/04/2008

Post 410

Peter's cooking dinner (I'm not even sure what, exactly), and it smells delicious. Mmmm... shallots, garlic and butter in a frying pan. =) I think ground beef in some form, as well as bell peppers, will be added. I'm hungry. ^_^

Not much going on lately. Unless you've been hiding under a rock for the past two years, you know that today is the US preseidential election. I want it to be over, one way or the other. Peter's going to an all-night party at the LSE to watch the results come in. It starts at 11pm, and he has a presentation to give in one of his classes at 10am the next day. I hope he's not hungover for that. =p

I was poking around in stores (excuse me, shops) today to see if I could find a knee-length coat that I liked for cheap. I found one that may have fit the bill for 25 pounds, but I decided not to buy it. I basically want a coat that I can wear over my long cardigan--it looks weird to wear it with either of my "normal"-length coats. I was at Primark while shopping, and I considered buying imitation Uggs for 6 pounds, but that store is crazy busy, and I didn't feel like standing in line to pay for shoes. I could have spent more money to make the wait feel more "worth it," but that didn't seem terribly smart to me (though they did have these cute pants for 6 pounds, and I would have bought a gloves/scarf set for 3 pounds).

Tuesdays are less fun for me than other days because World of Warcraft is down from 1pm to 7pm for maintenance. This would be 6am to 12pm in Edmonton, but, alas, time differences make things less convenient over here. That's actually what got me to decide to update my blog, was that I had nothing to do for a while before dinner because WoW is still down. ^_^

I can smell the red wine Peter's added to our dinner. He's bought a fair amount of alcohol lately, but it's been cheap. Three little bottles of wine for 10 pounds, and 8 big cans of Strongbow for 4 pounds. That's even cheaper than the 67 pence cans of beer that I've seen littered around here on Sundays. >.<

Speaking of people being stupidly celebratory, Guy Fawkes Day/Bonfire Night is soon, and people have been letting off fireworks in anticipation. They're loud and annoying and have startled the hell out of me when I've been outside and able to hear their full impact. The dogs in the neighborhood don't like them, either.

I have "official" dates for when I'll be in Canada over Christmas. Peter and I arrive at about 2pm on the 20th of December. Peter hopes to leave on the 8th of January, and I hope to leave on the 15th. The departure dates aren't set in stone, since Air Canada no longer does an Edmonton-London direct flight ever day, but only 3 days a week now, I believe, but that's more or less when we'll be around. Peter has to get back in time for term to start on the 12th, but I want to spend a bit more time at home, so I'm leaving later. Yay for being unemployed! ^_^ It gives you so much more flexibility with your schedule.

Okay, I'm now paying more attention to the smell of dinner than to writing this blog entry, so I'm going to stop writing and go poke my nose into the kitchen. Mmm... =)

No comments: