11/12/2008

Wednesday!

I have remarkably little to do right now. I've checked out the websites I regularly read, I've dealt with my e-mail for now, and World of Warcraft is having technical issues, so there's nothing much for me to do on the computer (except blog). I was going to go out and buy something for dinner tonight, maybe get a coffee, but then Peter called and said that he was going to pick something up on his way back from class, so there's no need to do that. And, besides, my outing yesterday was unpleasant enough that I don't particularly want to repeat it today.

It wasn't that bad, really, but there were a bunch of little things that I didn't like. For instance, despite having a lid on my coffee, some of it managed to jump out through the little sipping hole and burn my thumb. The clock in the kitchen died yesterday, so I was mistaken about what time it was when I left, and I wound up getting caught in rush hour "traffic" on the tube. Holborn station was so busy and full that they had to stop letting people in for a while (this is common during rush hour), so I had to stand outside in the cold with my heavy grocery bags in the middle of a very large crowd that was doing its best to contain itself to the sidewalk (i.e., it was very cramped). Also, there was a panhandler next to the ATM when I stopped to get cash before grocery shopping, and, despite being rather poor myself, I felt bad. He didn't bug me, though, so points for him. I can just see people rolling their eyes at me for my bleeding heart. ^_^

But, yeah, not doing that today would be a good thing. ^_^

Despite yesterday being actually a rather unpleasant day, today is looking to be rather nice. I slept in, which was nice, since I didn't get to sleep until about 5am last night. When I woke up, I noticed that I seem to have lost some weight lately, which is always nice. I have a very tasty glass of Coke Zero with ice on the table next to me (I figure diet pop isn't that bad of a weakness in terms of health and cost, so I'm allowing myself if ^_^). I suspect that Peter will be making dinner tonight, which, according to the system we've set up, means that he's also going to clean (I got annoyed at cleaning up his sometimes excessive messes, so we instituted a "clean up your own mess" rule). World of Warcraft should be back up and running within the next hour or so, which is nice because it was down all day yesterday. So, yeah, everything's more or less good on this side of the pond.

Oh, and, just in case any of you were waiting for a description of the Robin Williams talk show thing, I didn't go. I felt too crappy. Oh, well. I'm sure there will be other opportunities to do interesting things. Yay, optimism! ^_^

No comments: