7/27/2005

Links

I'm trying to spruce up my blog, give it that nice lived-in feeling, but I'm encountering some difficulites. I have no idea which links to put up. I mean, I have friendly blogs, which are great, but I can't find any decent sites related to my interests. So far all I've got is a link to Joe Smith's ReBoot page, which is the definitive ReBoot page, and I order you all to go look at it RIGHT NOW! It's ten years old and has never undergone a reformatting, so it's not that pretty, but I love it to tears.

But other than that? I love The X-Files, but the best site for that show, The Idealist's Haven, shut down a year after the show went off the air. I miss it desperately on occasion. And I can't really find any other sites of note. They're all 7 years out of date and hosted by Geocities.

There's an okay Gilmore Girls site, gilmoregirls.org, but it's not as well-kept as it's too-early-gone predecessor, gilmore-girls.net. The KTLA/WB site actually rather impressed me, but network-run websites still aren't terribly useful. Gilmoregirls.org is getting serious consideration, though.

Harry Potter has a couple of good options, but I have yet to check out The Leaky Cauldron, really, and I'm currently mad at Mugglenet for their incorrect spoiler-ish thing they had giving a description of somebody they claimed was the Half-Blood Prince, but wasn't.

I went and looked for House, MD websites, not knowing any, in my search for blog links. The official site is a flash wonder, complete with the beepiong noises that have kept me awake whenever I've stayed in a hospital. Nothing else leapt out at me.

Then there are the big ones that everybody knows about already. Fark, Penny Arcade, Homestar Runner (which I don't tend to visit, anyway)... While I do enjoy these sites, they're not the first things I check, and they don't really reflect my interests (though Penny Arcade does reflect the effect of Peter's efforts to make me into a gamer).

Musicians, I'm contemplating. There are artists I like, but I've never really checked out their webistes. The two worlds (music and the internet) just never really seemed that connected to me...

So, I extend the following challenge to my vast number of loyal readers: If you know of any good links pertaining to the topics mentioned above, please leave a comment telling me about them. If you know of any good links _not_ pertaining to the topics mentioned above, please leave a comment telling me about them.

No comments: