7/25/2005

Post #3

I have received confirmation that somebody has read my blog! Yay, Jo! Thus, I feel alright about adding another post.
Went shopping this weekend. I wanted this jacket from American Eagle that I found on their website, but I tried it on in the store and it just didn't look any good. I was rather disappointed. So I bought a skirt and a sash instead--much cheaper, too. Sunday dinner last night at Peter's was fun. The roast beef had been rotisseried opn the bbq, and it looked like the hedgehog Tony gets stuck eating when they're staying with the gypsies in Tenth Kingdom, but it tasted alright. Does anybody even know about Tenth Kingdom except the people I've told about it (and Joyce, who told me)? It great. It's a mini-series and you can rent it at Alternative Video and I think Movie Studio, too. Much fun.
But, yeah, anyways, a discussion at dinner had Joel (Shelly's son) insisting that he could tell the difference between tap water and bottled water. Peter insisted that this was because bottled water was generally colder, and that impurities were easier to taste in warmer water. I ventured forth my view that Dasani has a unique taste to it, and Peter was skeptical of that, too. After dinner, we were asked to go get some ice cream for dessert, and so we bought a bottle of Evian and a bottle of Dasani as well so that we could do a tast test. We tried to chill the bottled water while we were eating dessert, but it wasn't a very long time, so all three (the two bottled waters and tap water) were kinda, I'm not sure how to say it... luke-cold? It was an odd temperature for wter to be, in my opinion. But the point is, I was the only person who could pick out each type of water. *proud idiotic grin* Everybody got Dasani, so my point was proven (albeit rather unscientifically), but I was the only one who could tell Evian from tap water. Peter, who was orchestrating the whole test (and who claims that, had I not been there, he would have done something mean like fill all three glasses with tap water), told me that I was in fact mhy father's daughter. I blame nurture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too am enjoying your blog :P Hehe...bottled water. Yes, well, Evian is bad. Never tastes good, no matter what the temperature. Jeffrey Steingarten wrote a book called The Man Who Ate Everything. What he discovered was that human beings find that perfect tasting water is the water that most closely matches the levels of impurities found in their own saliva. Evian, because its so processed and such, has very low levels of various minerals and such, and so, tastes bad. The end. Hehe.

Anonymous said...

I can't stand bottled water. It tastes gross to me, and I much prefer tap water.