8/19/2006

Additions and Amendments

Stuff that should have been in the previous post:

1. Several of the sidewalks in Montevideo are paved in square concrete tiles molded into nine little squares. This make me deliriously happy. Sometimes, though, the tiles are of four sqaures of nine. This upsets me and makes me not sure where to step.

2. I guess it depends on what you´d call a ¨block¨ and what day of the week it is and what the weather is like when you count how many street vendors there are. At least one per block at all times, though. 3-6 of them per block on a non-rainy weekday. As many as 10 on larger blocks.

3. The city of Montevideo is brought to you by Johnny Walker Whisky. Seriously. I mean, I´ve been told that Montevideo is more of a bar town than, say, Buenos Aires, but still. Johnny Walker runs this town, and it frightens me. When Peter and I were at that nice Italian restaurant a while ago, the first apertif they offered us was whisky. And then there are the places done in Johnny Walker decor...

Now onto a post about our trip to Iguazu.

No comments: