8/28/2006

Squee!

Since Peter has not yet decided to put up a post here, I figured I might as well do so for the purpose of exclaiming my happiness at my new "toy": House Season 2 on DVD. ^_^ I have yet to watch it, but oh, I will. :-)

In other news, I'm home, as you may have guessed. Our new house, however, is not ready to be moved into. *sigh* October fifth is the current, somewhat tentative, possesion date. Yee. Oh, well. We went to look at it yesterday, and it's looking pretty nifty, despite lacking things like flooring and countertops and whatnot. I was hoping to get the moving done with before school started, but I guess that's just not going to happen.

Speaking of school, I have been out buying clothes that say "Respect my Authorita!" Apparently my friend Maura has been doing the same thing. See, we're both doing student teaching this year, and, while I'm certainly not early '90s grunge, I do own a pair of ripped jeans and other such clothing that would not be suitable to wear to an evaluation. I found a spiffy black twill blazer that's not too formal. And some grey pinstriped pants. I feel like giving out detentions all ready... ;-p

I stopped in at work today to give my manager my September availability (which is when I picked up my DVDs), and I was given (drumroll, please)... a nametag! I've only worked there for six months... ^_^ I guess they ordered a whole bunch, though, because Lindsay Coulter just got hers, as well, and she's worked there longer than I have.

That's about it, I guess. I've seen people since getting back, which has been fun. For all of you who are curious, the flight back (or, I should say, the four flights and one busride) was/were fine, for the most part. US customs is a bitch, especially after that scare recently, but I had cold medicine that allowed me to sleep, even if I was only allowed to bring one dose of it with me. Without water. *sigh* But I'm home now and caught up on sleep and back to eating food that actually contains fibre and nutrients and whatnot. ^_^ And now I'm going to go watch my House DVDs. :-)

*sings Teardrop*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you have made it past US customs ok! Imagine trying to bring a minor with you on the plane and no parents! Hahaha I know how you must feel about getting nametags......especially six months AFTER being hired:) We have a staff board at work with everyone's pics on it....I finally got my pic up there a couple of weeks ago...despite starting in April! But it feels good being a "staff" instead of some casual person that shows up every now and then.