8/23/2006

...

It is Wednesday and I am going home tomorrow. I guess that means that there won´t really be anymore updates on the goings-on down here, since Peter doesn´t blog. Maybe I´ll give him my account password anyway, just in case he feels the urge. Which I doubt he will, but you never know... ^_^

Did I mention that I was sick? I don´t think I did. On Saturday I woke up with a sore throat, a sore back and the sniffles. The sniffles are the only thing left now, and my sinuses seem to be draining, but it seems that this little bug will stick around just long enough to make my flight home that much more annoying. Stupid not being allowed to take cold medicine...

Peter is off at one of the University buildings right now meeting with the woman he was put int contact with as a Uruguayan historian. He hopes that she´ll give him the names of some books he can get ahold of down here, as well as a clue as to where to start in his search for relevant primary sources. (Sidebar: The ´a´ key on this keybord is sticky. It is annoying. Or, as I originally typed, nnoying.) This meeting kicks off the nose-to-the-grindstone portion of his trip down here. While I´ve been down, it´s mostly been sightseeing, but now the poor boy actually has to get some work done. *mock pout* You know, for that Masters Degree and all...

We went back to the ¨tango bar¨ for dinner last night. They do good parilla, and we saw a small orchestral ensemble playing tango music. There were about 20 of them, around the age of 16, mostly string players with some Bb and bass clarinets, two oboes, a flute and a french horn. They played La Cumparsita. Or I think that´s how you spell it. Something about killing yourself for the evening. No, wait, that´s different...


Oh, hey, the Spanish word for ¨template¨ is ¨plantilla.¨ Speaking of vaguely confusing Spanish words, I tried to leave a comment on your blog, Angela, but everything was in Spanish and I kept getting error messages. Sorry. Also, I´m sorry if they actually worked and you got multiple comments from me. ^_^

Hey, look, that was the first paragraph of this post that didn´t end in an elypsis (sp?). Or an emoticon following an elypsis. Ok, so I´m bored. I guess I´ll go back to the hotel now where I´m not charged for use of the computer.

ETA: Kaitlyn, I haven´t heard back from my family yet. Family, get back to me. Oh, and Peter and I went to see the place where Artiogas´ remains are kept. It was scary. All dark with two guards at attention. Peter gave the very apt description of ¨An art deco distopia.¨ I couldn´t bring myself to go in. Peter went in a few steps and snapped a picture. Like I said, it was creepy...

No comments: