2/24/2007

Post #295

It is fairly early on Saturday morning, but I all ready slept for ten hours and I plan to take a nap later, so I'm not annoyed at being awake right now. I'd put up some witty post about the happenings of my APT so far, but there aren't that many witty things for me to say about it. This school is far more sensible than the one I was at last term--no ban on cellphones, no cramped little designated places to eat, no mandatory cafeteria cleanup for being late to three classes (not in a day or in a month, but for the whole year--who isn't late three times a year?). My mentor teacher is easygoing and good-natured. It's all good.

Elsewhere, I got my car back yesterday. It cost $4300. And fixing the leaky roof will cost more than $500. *sigh* It's not my money, I guess, but I'm wondering how many times my parents are will to juggle the cars around because mine's in the shop. Oooh, I should point that out to them--it's porbably the best motivator I could give them. ^_^

Oh, hey, here's an epic tale of annoyance: I have to go to Teacher's Convention. It is this coming week. I asked around at my school about how to do this and the principal said he had no idea and I had to deal with it myself. So I went and found out that I need a booklet from the ESA (Education Students' Association), and I need to be an ATA member, which comes with being an ESA member. The ESA office is open from 10-3 on weekdays. I didn't have a class last block yesterday, nor did I have anything after school (woot!), so I dashed off to the University to get my ESA membership and my booklet before 3pm. I run over and discover... the office was closed for Reading Week. *pauses for a good glower* Thankfully, I also don't have any classes Monday morning, so I can take that opportunity to run down to the University and get it done then. I'm not sure which I'm more annoyed about, though: not getting the membership and booklet, or being reminded that most University students have had the past week off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The last 3 years of nursing, I also missed reading week. I always had to be in clinical or something, so instead of enjoying the week off, I was immersed in psych units, medicine units, and Alzheimer's patients!

Jo said...

But at least you'll get spring break!