5/02/2007

Slippers are the New Shoes... and so are Shoes

Hello all! I am officially done my APT, and I am glad to be rid of the high-stress nature of it. Now I must find a job. *sigh* First, though, I must do laundry. Doing laundry makes me feel better in the sense that I feel like I have gotten something useful done. If only it wasn't so boring...

Amusing story: The last class of the day on Friday was my Band 20/30 class, and they "celebrated" the Fridayness of it all by swinging their transcription of The Marriage of Figaro. And the first two movements of Holst's First Suite. The third movement didn't get finished before the bell, so after the bell, I conducted them through it at double time. ^_^ Or, well, as close to double time as that movement can be played... ^_^

I find myself with rather little to say right now. I went shopping yesterday. I bought some incredibly cute summer shoes, as well as a t-shirt that says "Pale is the New Tan," which I am wearing right now as I hide in my basement with the blinds closed against the overcast sky. I also bought necessities, like jeans, because I only had one pair, and a purse, because mine was... well, you'd know what I mean if you saw it. I needed a new one. I don't have a purse fetish like my mom, so I don't have one that I can just reach for when the one I'm using starts looking a little sickly. Although I guess I could've used one of my mom's... but that might have started some kind of territory war... ^_^

I should go walk my dog. It was raining this morning when my mom walked him, so he didn't get much in the way of exercise. I want a lawn. All this dirt/mud is getting very annoying. We can't put down our own grass, either, because the builders have to make the groud have the right slope down into the "stormwater management facility," aka pond, otherwise there could be basement flooding and such. *annoyed* Walking my dog would require that I trade my fuzzy sippers for some socks and shoes, though... *sigh*

Also, it seems that Kaitlyn has actually deleted her blog now, so I have removed it from my links list. Come visit soon, Kaitlyn!

No comments: