7/31/2007

Post #315

You know, I used to be a rather avid journal-keeper. I kept a kind of diary in the sixth grade that I was quite ashamed of, since it was all personal and stuff, but when I started junior high, my English teachers all started requiring that we keep journals as writing exercises. So, from then on, I kept journals that wouldn't cause me to die of embarassement if somebody else found them, even after my teachers stopped requiring them. Ironically, it was the return of teachers requiring me to keep a journal for my Techniques classes that halted my journal-keeping. Stupid Techniques classes. "Today I practiced the flute. I nearly fainted twelve times. Then I really fainted and decided to give up for the day. Total time practiced: 7 minutes." But a short while after that, I got this blog, and not only have I been writing stuff that I wouldn't be embarassed if other people saw, I'm writing stuff _for_ those other people. Vultures! No, wait! Stay! Read! Comment! Validate my existence! ^_^ I must say, though, it seems kind of odd that I would be lessening the personal stuff that I put in my blog/journal/whatever as I get older. I mean, the damage has all ready been done. I have no chance of ever becoming an elected politician, what with the dirt I wrote on myself. When I was at the Capital Ex parade earlier this month, I was sitting by a woman who works for Rahim Jaffer, who was there with her granddaughter, who was about five. The girl was getting bored, and began pulling the cuff of her jeans over her knees so that the legs were kind of folded in half inside-out over themselves. Her grandmother told her to stop, and when the girl didn't want to, her grandmother told her that, what if she wanted to be Prime Miniser some day, and someone got a picture of her like that now? I assume she was kidding, though nothing in the way she spoke indicated as such. That poor girl's going to grow up to be even more paranoid than me. But, you'd think that, with the numerous pictures and written accounts of me doing far worse than than throughout my lifetime, that I would just figure to hell with it and write in my blog more often. Alas, I do not. Sorry, blog. I *hug* you, anyways.

No comments: