9/14/2007

Coffee With the Interweb

In the lab at school. I went to get a coffee at Cookies by George and decided to treat myself to a cookie as well. I asked for one of the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk ones, but got a plain Peanut Butter one. It was still quite tasty, though. :-)

When I arrived in the lab, I used the Netscape URL drop-down menu to access Hotmail, and it brought me into the account of a trumpet player named Ian Burgess. He hadn't quit Netscape before leaving (another reason why I don't care for Macs). I logged out and logged into my own account, and read a notice from Facebook. I cliked on the link and it brought me to my own profile page, but logged in as Ian. It took me a moment to realize that, and I was rather confused as to why I had 9 friends in common with myself. ^_^ I think I should warn Ian about this.

I have a listening/written quiz in 282 on Monday on La Serva Patrona, Don Giovanni and something a girl in my class referred to as an intermezzo, which I'll have to figure out. Even if it is only the excerpts from our anthology that we're being quized on, I find that to be worthy of a big "Blah!" I remember my first day of 170 years ago, I was so looking forward to learning the kind of stuff that would allow me to understand the jokes people were making about Berlioz, and why everybody hated playing Haydn. I guess I more or less understand that now, but I don't owe any thanks to Music History. 170 was how to write a bibliography, 281 was ten billion types of chant, and 282 is looking like it'll be every opera I've been told I should go see but didn't want to.

Enough complaining now. Time for my coffee and I to go to Choral Tech. Yay, happy class!

No comments: