9/17/2007

A List of Things I'm Thinking About

1. What is that song Russ has been practicing in the studio lately? I know I recognize it, but I can't think of what it is.

2. My bangs are annoying and unflattering and I'd really like them to grow out, please.

3. My history prof is off-putting in many ways, but it's not her fault that the 272 and 273 curriculums were condensed into one class of insanity and we have to cover three major compsers in one class *after* our listening quiz.

4. Is my doctor's appointment today at 4 or 5? Should I call and check? I'm pretty sure it's at 4, and if it's at 5, then I can just go to Tim Horton's and get a coffee and read a waiting room magazine while I wait. That would be rather nice, actually.

5. For some reason, the finger nail on my right pinky finger is very prone to ripping. It doesn't usually hurt, and it always grows back perfectly normally, but once every month or two, I'll rip a good quarter of it off like I did this morning. Freaky fingernail.

6. Second year students talking about their weekend adventures with whole bottles of hard liquor make me glad that I never really did that.

7. I know that learning the IPA will be good for me, and that I'll be glad to know it, but I'm pretty sure I'll be dragged kicking and screaming to actually learn it.

8. Between my dislike of Opera and my dislike of string quartets, I'm just not compatible with Capital-C Classical music.

9. Should I go get a coffee before Choral Tech, or will I have to sing a lot, leaving the coffee to get all cold and unpleasant?

10. My life on a Monday morning is likely highly uninteresting to most people who would come across this blog. What this world needs is an anthropologist from a more "primitive" culture, who's delighted by the discovery of things we consder to be horribly mundane, and who will bring joy back into our everyday lives. Or something.

No comments: