4/22/2008

White Earth, Murder

So I was reading the paper this morning and I discovered that the guy charged with that random stabbing last week is a guy I went to elementary and junior high school with. Bloody hell. It's bad enough that people tend to die; I really don't want anyone going around and killing others.

In happier news, my new computer has shipped. It should be here within a week or two. I'm annoyed that I lost some of my files that were on my old computer, but I had most backed up, so it's not worth having the hard drive extracted to get the five or so files off of it. Though not having my mp3s backed up is vaguely annoying--at least I can just take those off of my iPod.

It's Earth Day. If the foot of snow the three Western-most provinces got over the weekend isn't indication of climate change, then I don't know what is. I know it's still only April, but the wind chill out there is nearly -30! *cold* I had a discussion with my mom about the Kyoto accord the other day. I was unsure who exactly came up with it (was it some governing body, for instance?), and my mom replied that she thought it was a bunch of people who got together on a Sunday morning after drinking too much the night before. Ignoring the obvious derogatory sense in which she meant that, it reminded me of the story my mom loves to tell about how, when my dad was acting on behalf of the city or the province in making some kind of deal, he would go out and get drunk the night before so that he'd be hungover and pissed off during the negotiations and would get what he wanted more easily.

In other news, school is over and everything is handed in for the term, though I did have to rewrite my Statement of Reflections for my Directing class, since my computer ate it when it died. My Spanish class starts on the fifth of May. I need to pay tuition for that, come to think of it. I also need to pay my second parking ticket in a month. *annoyance* Nearly six years at that school, much time spent parking in places I wasn't supposed to, and I only got one parking ticket. Then, in the last month of classes, I get two. Stupid Parking Services people, suddenly being vigilant...

No comments: