8/13/2008

"Productivity"

I had my box of computer stuff out so that I could find a LAN cable (more on that later), and it occured to me that I hadn't backed up my files in a while, so I just did that. I went through and cleaned it all up first, too, so now I feel all productive and whatnot. It may be something small and stupid, but I was feeling kind of antsy earlier, not really sure what to do, and this has made me happy. ^_^

I was looking for the LAN cable so that I could try accessing the internet over at Peter's house. A while back, his dad installed this Network Magic thing when he got a new router. It's one of those programs that's designed to stop people who don't know what they're doing from borking their network--an annoyance, but not really harmful. Except that Andy then forgot the password. So, yeah... I tried. And I got frustrated. And I tried some more. And I got pissed off. And then I decided to just bring a damn cable over. It worked, too! I had to more or less swear undying loyalty to the network, which meant I had to futz around to get my computer to recognize my home network later, but it's not that big of a deal considering that I'm now able to access the internet at Peter's place! *cheers*

I went to Best Buy today to get season 4 of House and discovered that it comes out next week. Thanks a lot, misleading Amazon.ca e-mail. I was quite looking forward to watching it tonight, too. I looked around the story a little since I was there. They don't carry the brand of headphones I use, which was kind of annoying because the earpieces on mine are more than a little beat up and I would like to replace them. I also poked at their digital cameras, since mine seems to have given up the ghost. I may spend a couple hundred dollars and get myself one--it feels like I should have one for England. I also looked at their software to see how much Photoshop Elements costs--$130! I downloaded a free one-month trial of CS3 Extended, and it's remarkably addictive. *twitch* I certainly can't afford it, though, so, if I still love it when my trial runs out, I may have to torrent it.

My dog got a haircut today. I asked for the fur on his ears to be cut short, and it really was. I was thinking about an inch, but I got less than a quarter of an inch. Farley looks kind of weird right now. He was also fidgety, I was told, which is unusual for him. The groomer nicked the edge of his ear while she was giving him a trim. I don't quite know what was wrong. We took him to the vet on Monday for some blood tests, so maybe that was a little fresh in his mind? Speaking of which, we should have the results for those by tomorrow. Hopefully we can get Farley started on some meds soon--the haircut made it obvious that he's gotten bigger around the belly, which is apparently another of the more noticeable symptoms of Cushings. *sigh*

Wow, that killed my productivity high.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I may have a fix for your software problem. i can talk to you later about it : D Hum . . . we need coffee soon.

-Jeni