9/27/2008

Random Thoughts While I Watch TV

Chimes are a glorious instrument, and they make me want to listen to and/or play Of Sailors and Whales again.

Microphone feedback, when properly controlled and at a reasonable volume, can also make for good music. Yes, I drank the Kool-Aid.

The arms of my glasses are long enough that, when I lie down, they press against the surface I'm lying on, making the lenses move and the world skew.

There's a Lego Batman video game?! With a Light Side/Dark Side option, too?! Hilarity!!

They dubbed the Multigrain Cheerios commercial with the British actors? Why?? It was a great commercial, and now it sounds... crooked. And rushed.

We have beer and regular Pepsi in the fridge in preparation for tea tomorrow. Well, actually, it's in preparation for the steak dinner that may follow the tea. My father's idea. Oh, well.

I've taken a great deal of Advil tonight, and it's making me kind of sleepy, despite my neck still being sore.

I should be ripping CDs while I do this, but I don't feel like going and sifting through mine to find the ones I don't yet have on my iPod.

Our shredder is loud and makes a very unpleasant noise. I dislike it immensely.

The girl staying with us needs directions to give a cab driver to get back to our place. She's getting the directions wrong. Like, she gave the wrong location of our house. I'm confused.

I'm going to miss having access to American/Canadian television. Having to download shows will be an annoyance.

My mom made me toast earlier. I feel ridiculously spoiled. ^_^

It's a crab! It's a lobster! It's a scorpion!

I'm vaguely worried that I'll forget my watch when I leave because I never wear it. I lost it for nearly a month and didn't really miss it, though it did bother me to not know where it was. But I don't think being watchless is that great of an idea.

The world needs more post-apocolyptic books. Not movies, because those wind up being too much about the special effects. And they don't have to be dystopian. That is possible.

Tepid tepid scald. Steam, Wet and warm.

My degree status for my BMus is back to "Applied for degree," which means that something Donna did worked. Now here's hoping that the next change is to "Degree awarded," or else I may have to send the Faculty of Arts a nice little letter bomb. Although anthrax would be cheaper to ship.

Dude, they're introducing V8 soups and attaching the name Campbell's?! That makes no sense. They don't need the brand recognition, but they do seem to be marketing these soups as more gourmet, so equating them with Campbell's makes no sense.

I'm convinced the car security tape bit in the season premier of Heroes is an homage to Quentin Tarrantino. And it rules. ^_^

I discovered yesterday that my hair is now long enough to all fit into a pnay tail. This is very useful.

I think it's time for bed now.

No comments: