11/10/2006

Mmm... SIN...

I just got my very first piece of honest-to-God spam at my current e-mail address. (EDIT: I mean the first piece of spam that made it into my inbox. I pay almost no attention to my junk folder.) Prior to this, the closest thing I got to spam was people e-mailing stuff to a girl who had the same name but at hotmail.fr. I imagine that the spreading of her e-mail address with the .com mistake is what got me the spam. Seriously, I've had this address for *counts* roughly seven years and I've never gotten spam before. But this girl (I can't remember her name off the top of my head) seems to have gotten into the habit of giving out her e-mail address left, right and centre lately. I've had to block deozens, maybe even over 100 people who have mistakenly added me to their MSN list. Based on those people's screen names, this girl lives somewhere where the two main languages are French and Arabic, and I've asked people before where that might be, but I can't remember the suggestions they gave.

But, anyway, I just got a vital message from yourDICK_isSHORT and I am amuzed. ^_^

In other news, we sold our old house last night. We got less than the asking price, but more than we actually wanted for it, so it's all good. They take possession the first of December, which means that we have to get our wine coolers in at the new house and our wine but into them so it's not laying around when the new owners arrive. And I still have some blankets over there, which annoys me because I thought I had all my stuff cleared out, and now I don't know where I'm going to put blankets. Plus, I'm also annoyed that I haven't had them all along because it's cold in my bedroom and I want blankets. :-( My mom actually came into my room last night and remarked about how cold it was in here. She then said that something would have to be done about it and left. I sighed because I've been telling her since we moved in that we need some heavy-ish window coverings because the big picture window is what's making it cold. Plus, when I got out of the shower yesterday, there was a guy driving a Bobcat around our backyard and I was only wearing a towel. B'oh...

Today is the first day of my five-day weekend, but I'm waiting to be taken to the University. My car is, of course, not finished at Fountain Tire, and I can't borrow my mom's car because I have no driver's license because I've lost my wallet. I think I left it in the computer lab in FAB yesterday after I printed off my Policy Studies paper. Stupid 12 cents per page. Did I mention that there's something glitchy with our printer at home? I don't know what, but it doesn't want to work properly. The computer releases print jobs to it and it doesn't do anything. But, yeah, I'm just waiting for the real estate agent to show up (she should be here within five minutes) and my parents to sign the sale papers so that my mom can drive me to FAB and possibly Campus 5-0. There was no money in my wallet, but there was everything else. Except my passport and SIN card, but you really don't want to carry those around with you. GAH IDENTITY THEFT!!!!!!111!!!!!11

Oh, hey, the real estate agent's here.

No comments: