11/20/2006

Hilow

So the past week or so has been full of ups and downs. Exams went all right, but I missed my Assessment final. The time and location weren't in the syllabus, and, silly me, I assumed it was during class time like my other exams. Yeah, no. I got to write it Friday morning, though, so it was all good.

Not so good was Thursday night. I got an e-mail from this guy in my Drama class saying how I humiliated him and he hopes I never EVER become a teacher. He then proceded to demand an apology for my unspecified act. I was confused and upset. I wrote back saying just that, and Cc'ed a copy to the prof, since she's a very involved person. I got a reply back from the guy saying that if I didn't know what he was talking about, then it just went to show how horrible I was. That did not encourage me to apologize to him. The prof wrote us, saying we both screwed up, and the matter of what I did wrong was clarified. On October 23rd (so, a while ago) I'd told him that his sentences ended in upwards lilts during his peer teaching, and that it was therefore difficult to tell when he was finished talking. I wanted to use the term Half Cadence, but nobody in the class except me knew what that was, so I wound up having to imitate it. I said many times that I wasn't trying to insult him, that it was just something I noticed, but apparently he didn't believe me. The prof, who wasn't there, but had heard about it, thought I hadn't been as professional as I could've been, though, so I sucked it up and apologized for hurting this guy's feelings. But I said I stood by the message I was trying to convey. He hasn't e-mailed me back.

The worst part, though? The initial e-mail he sent me, talking about how horrible I was, was Bcc'ed to the entire class. Yeah, the rest of the class was not impressed by that. I found this out through Joyce, though, who was told by Maura, a friend of both Joyce and I who was in the class. *That* sucked.

So I was stressed and nauseated and whatnot from that this weekend and was not looking forward to going to do my IPT. I knew it would be fine, but I couldn't nod last night without nearly blacking out, I was so lightheaded. I went, though, and it was all good. I have an assignment for my classes that should eat up a week or so. I'm gonna give them a scene of two people talking about the weather, without any stage directions, and get them to memorize and interpret it in a performance. I took the scene from a short One Act my mentor teacher had called Just One Day. The play is about a girl who's been knocked-up deciding to have an abortion, but the first while is just her and her friend waiting to meet with her boyfriend, and they're talking about how Spring has come early. Should be neat.

And tonight, I got home and got some very happy news via e-mail: My wallet has been turned in at the Music Office!!!!!! I knew it hadn't been stolen, but I had given up on finding it. Luckily, my credit card was only put on Protection, rather than having been cancelled outright, so all I have to do is call them back up when I have the card and it'll be usable immediately. Not that I have a lot of room on it... ^_^ But things like my Health Care card won't have to be replaced, which is nice. In celebration, I think I'm going to go get myself a glass of warm chcolate milk. :-)

1 comment:

Micah said...

Hey Janita, I've been catching up on my blog reading and wow, what a semester! I'm glad you got your wallet back and I hope everything else gets better too. Stress sucks. So do poopy people. Try not to let them run your life; I try a "fuck 'em, they just have boring lives" attitude. It sounds to me like you are good at the teaching thing, so way to go.