12/11/2006

Four More Days!

I feel much better now that I have spent the weekend sleeping. Friday night, I went to bed at 12:30 and I woke up at 3:30 Saturday afternoon. I had a pounding headache, but I really needed the rest, it seemed, since I slept from 11:00 to 9:00 that night, too.

I have just recently been realizing that I have a lot of students with learning disabilities. I really wish someone had told me. I have also just recently been realizing that I have kids coming to class high. These two realizations are getting in each other's way in terms of classroom management. Bah...

Hmmm... What can I talk about that's not related to my student teaching? Peter and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary by going out to Jack's Grill last Tuesday. It was a nice evening. :-) Peter had been fretting over what to do next year for the majority of the day, so a good meal and some wine were what he needed. ^_^ As for that, he's probably going to stay around and take some interdisciplinary courses, like Stats, Polisci and more Spanish, just to round himself out in preparationg for his PhD. He recently discovered that the application deadlines for a lot of the places he was considering have either passed or are coming up really quickly, so an extra year gives him time to get that organized, too, and really decide where he wants to go.

I haven't even started my Christmas shopping yet. I've been way too busy. I have ideas of what to get most people, though, so it shouldn't be too hard. Plus, my parents took pity on my and gave me allowance, now that I'm unemployed, so I can actually afford to buy gifts for people. Yay!

I'm thisclose to being fully moved in. Of all the things to not be able to find places for, I'm down to the following: picture frames, my CD wallet and an old Care Bears calendar (it's from 2005, but it's all retro-y) that's really cute and I don't want to get rid of just yet. And my slippers, I guess, but I don't know if those really need a place to live. I also have some school stuff from this past semester that I need to sort through so that I can file what I want to keep, but I at least know what I'm going to be doing with that stuff once I get through it. And there isn't really much I want to keep, except my Drama "Handbookes."

Christmas will be a quiet affair this year, which saddens me greatly. Peter is going to Calgary, and my sister and her wife are staying in Vancouver, so it'll just be my brother, my parents and I. I've always wanted busy Christmases with lots of people, but my parents aren't so fond of it. :-( Maybe that's why I've always wanted it. I remember saying to my mom many years ago that I wished that I could spend Christmas with my friends, and her very discouraging reply was "But do they want to spend the time with you?" I guess I just like the focus to be on spending time with people, rather than the food or the ceremony, which my parents are big on. Anybody want to come to my house for Christmas? There'll be more food than you can shake a stick at, and you can come check out my new and rather spiffy house! Anyone? Anyone...? Ohh... :*-(

2 comments:

Micah said...

We always have lots of people over on Xmas Eve, with food and alcohol and much merry-making. It's mostly other army families who don't have their own families in Edmonton, but also friends of me and my sister. You're welome to come if you want to be around a lot of people! And food! And wine! And, inevitably, babies and small children (not to eat though)!

'Nita said...

That sounds like fun! Unfortunately, I can't get out of my own family's festivities. While my parents are cool with other people coming, they're not so cool with me leaving.