12/22/2006

*Christmas-y Title*

So I promised I'd write more, and here I am, doing so. *proud smile*

Christmas preparations are coming along, though I'd prefer they be finished. I still have a handful of gifts to buy. And then I have to wrap them all. I really like wrapping gifts, though, so that won't be a problem. Peter is apparently going out to search for a gift for me today. I wonder if he'll succeed. I still have no idea what to get his dad...

I went skiing on Wednesday night at Snow Valley with Peter, Jenilee and people Jenilee works with. They have cheap lift pass/rental deals from 7-9, which was nice. I spent the first while tying to snowboard. Yeah, that didn't go so well. I hurt my knees rather much. :-( But the rental shop let me trade inthe snowboard for a pair of skis, so it was all good after that. I was a reasonable competant skier when I was 10 or so, and I got most of that back in a couple minutes this time. :-)

I met up with Joyce last night. I was a couple of minutes late, and when I arrived at the Starbucks on Whyte Ave, she hurried me out of there and around the corner to Perugia Salon and Spa for a surprise manicure! Apparently, she'd tried to book a massage as a "you're done your IPT!" thing, but they didn't have any openings, so she booked me a manicure instead. I am now sporting festive red nails. :-) I felt kind of bad that my nails were short, because it gave the girl very little to do to them, but the hand massage was very nice and the lotion she used made my skin all soft. :-) Later, Joyce and I went back to her place and had a reminiscing night. We went through the notes we wrote eachother in high school, which we still had. Most of the ones I wrote were during either Etudes Sociales 10 or English/World Lit 20. In the former, I complained a lot about the teacher, M. Farley. *shudder* In the latter, I talked a lot about how I was cold, hungry, tired, bored or any combination of the above. Joyce's notes were mostly from English 10 or Bio/Chem 20, and they involved a lot of talking about this guy with a goatee whom she strongly disliked, and her vaguely disorganized, quasi-existant love life. Ah, to be 15/16 again...

Because I know there are people who read this in the hopes of also knowing what Peter's been up to, I'll mention it: The usual. He's been spending time reading microfilmed Uruguayan newspapers, playing World of Warcraft (though less now than previous weeks) and attempting semi-fuitlessly to buy people Christmas gifts. ^_^

Anyway, it's after noon now, so I should get my butt in gear and go do holiday-esque things. Merry, merry, and I'll see people tomorrow night!

No comments: