2/07/2008

Blah

So shortly after I wrote my last post, my grandfather died. *sad* The funeral will be in a week and a half--instead of his 93rd birthday party. My mom wrote a eulogy while waiting for the window repair people to show up this morning.

Also, I totally forgot about my tech rehearsal with my Directing prof today at noon. I feel horrible, and have been self-medicating with sedatives, chocolate and Diet Coke with Lime. I fully expect to get an earful tomorrow morning during class, every bit of which I quite deserve.

Marilyn just stopped by to talk to me. Among other things, she showed me a book titled "How to Listen to Modern Music (Without Earplugs)." She turned to an excerpt of Xenakis' writing on linear polyphony, which was under the heading "Not a Clue [What This is Talkin About]." This made me laugh. Or, well, it made me kind of want to laugh. Marilyn seems to me to be one of those people who descend upon the world and get absorbed into the gushy outer layer and stay there. Did I mention the sedatives? It's time for Concert Band...

No comments: