2/05/2008

Post #368

So I'm uploading my "profile pic" again because it seems to have disappeared, and I need a place from which to link it. So it gets to be shown off again.

It is Tuesday, and I feel quite chill, but I'm teetering precariously, liable to fall into boredom. Luckily for me, I have class in about an hour and 20 minutes, so I'll be leaving in about 50 minutes--much less time to fill than I could be facing. Then I'll get to drive through conditions less snowy and cold than the previous week, on my way to 455, where I expect I'll spend a fair amount of time looking at Bashaw like I don't quite know what he's asking us. I quite like the course, but being guided through analyses is a rather mind-bending process, with things seeming far too simple to be so complex. Or far too complex to be so simple--either way.

Life lately has been good. My weekend went all right, although I did get a message from my mom on Saturday night saying that my grandfather had taken a turn for the worse and she was flying out to Winnipeg Sunday morning. She got back last night, and said that my grandfather improved quite a bit while she and her sisters were there, but she doesn't expect that to last in their absence. The whole deal gave her an excima breakout, and, no, I don't feel like looking up how to spell that right now. We thought my grandfather was going to die last summer, and he's been doing badly for a while now, so this is hardly a surprise, but it's still very much in the category of not good.

I'm going to the birthday party of an old friend on Saturday. I don't know how many of you have heard about Natalie, but I knew her in junior high school before she started homeschooling. Well, I knew her after that, too, but by halfway through high school we'd mostly lost touch. However, we have gotten back in touch with each other through the magic of Facebook, and I'm actually quite looking forward to seeing her again. She seems very different than she was as a teenager. I suppose most of us are in many ways, but Natalie was always shy and not so fond of being around a lot of people, and that especially seems to have changed. I hope she doesn't still think of me as a blunt, opinionated 14-year-old. ^_^ Being blunt and opinionated isn't really good when you're also quite young and know very little about how the world works. ^_^

I wish my Theory course was one where I could take my computer so that I could have a distraction during the awkward silences when nobody answers Bashaw's questions. None of my classes are condusive to bringing computers, since I don't think any of them have more than 15 students in them, with the exception of Concert Band. It's hard to play solitaire or surf the web in such a small class, especially when there's *still* no wireless in FAB. Grrr...

No comments: