5/08/2008

All

So, for some reason, for the past 24 hours or so, I've been smelling something burnt. I've tried showering, putting on clean clothes and changing locations, but it's not going away. I have no freaking idea why. I had Italian-style pizza for dinner last night, and part of the crust was a little burnt, and I keep wondering if there's a bit that I... I dunno, inhaled or something, but, after 24 hours, that seems less and less possible. Or maybe it's my dog. That would be weird, though.

I miss people who are on vacation. Jenilee should be back this weekend, so that's good, but Peter's gone for over two weeks, still. I'vew gotten a couple of e-mails from him, and he's having fun. Lots of good food, apparently. I asked him to please not eat until he fell over dead, as he said he would. ^_^

I was all set to be good and productive today, but then I decided to check the forums for my World of Warcraft guild and discovered that bad stuff had happened. Since Peter's the guild leader and, being in Spain, doesn't have time to read the forums and can't log on to the game, I went to find out what exactly happened so that I could give him a run-down. It's all a very silly thing, and nothing really should have come of it, but it resulted in one of our core guild members (guild leader before Peter) quitting. That made me sad. And then I had to write Peter about it, and my productive mood was kind of squashed.

For some reason, it's very warm in the basement. It's usually cool in here, even during the summer. I'm may have to buy summer slippers. ^_^ I went shopping for summer pajamas the other day, but, much to my surprise, Old Navy didn't ahve any jersey pajama pants. They almost always do. Ok, they actually did, but they were ugly striped ones in the clearance section. I was sad. I did, however, switch to my lighter quilt, since I had been using my down one and was getting very warm during the night. My dog has taken to sleeping on the down one, since I just kind of put it on the floor for the time being, not having any place else to put it.

I'm going to Vegas, but not for the Lownj on the Strip, sadly. My mom wants to go (has been wanting to go for a while), and decided that we should take a 4-day weekend as a family, since my brother's never been there. There may be a Bette Midler show and/or a Beatles tribute show, and my mom and I have a date to go to the "fashion mall." We're staying at the Bellagio. I wish to play some slot machines, as I have never done so, since the VLTs around Edmonton are... kind of scary, really... There will also be some tasty food, though my dad hasn't gone looking for what places he wants to go, exactly. Peter, sadly, is not invited, but, as I said, he's having a foodie good time in Spain (and Italy) just now, so I don't feel too bad for him. ^_^

I am so very looking forward to the weekend. It means that one third of my first Spanish class will be over! Yay! That class is exhausting, what with it being at 8:30 and going until 1:15. It would be better if I didn't have this horrible habit of staying up ridiculously late. I always feel like I can't get anything done until my parents go to bed (or before they get home from work), and so I wind up getting to bed at 2 or 3 in the morning. Thinking of it, I'm not even really doing anything--just putzing around on the computer, mostly--so I have no idea why I'd need to wait for them to leave in order to start that. *sigh* My brain doesn't work properly...

That is all for now.

No comments: