5/12/2008

Sleep Patterns

It's very odd how having a class that starts at 8:30 in the morning is so much worse than having a class that starts at 9:00. I thought for a few days that I could still wake up at 7:00 and all would be well, since traffic isn't as bad during Spring term, but I soon realized the flaw in that logic; I had plenty of trouble getting to class at nine when I woke up at seven, so letting myself sleep longer because of lighter traffic just means I have trouble getting to class at 8:30. Waking up at 6:30 has helped with that once so far.

There's something about the notion that I have less than six hours during which to sleep that makes it harder to get to sleep, it seems, so when I go to bed at one (not unreasonable, in my opinion), I get to sleep at 2:30. This annoys both my dog and I greatly.

I am blogging to keep myself awake. I'm meeting Joyce in about an hour and a half, and if I fall asleep now, I'll likely be out for three hours or so. I'd make myself a coffee or something, but I'm meeting Joyce at Starbucks. And as I typed Starbucks, I wondered why there was no apostrophe denoting the possessive s, but I coudln't remember the word apostrophe. I had to ask my dad. Maybe two coffees wouldn't really hurt me. ^_^

Speaking of my dad, he was home when I got home from class today, and he was on the computer. Again. I have never seen my dad spend so much time on the computer as he has been lately. He's doing research for the trip to Italy that my parents are planning for next Spring. They're going to spend ten days in London to visit me, too, but my dad hasn't been researching anything for that. It seems weird that they're planning a vacation to come see me before I have my papers to go live there.

Now I'm thinking about all the stuff I have to do concerning that, and it's bringing me down. Stupid bureaucracy. I think I'll go poke around online some more so that I don't just worry uselessly all day. Though that would keep me awake, too.

No comments: