5/16/2008

Could I *Be* Any More of a House?

I just had lunch, and my mother is going back and forth between her sewing room and the computer desk and it's making me nervous. My dog is uncertain who to beg for food, but seems convinced that there must be someone to ask, what with all this busyness. I have no plans for the long weekend, but the forecast says it's going to be gorgeous, so I've busted out the self-tanner; I haven't busted out the sunscreen because I have no intention of spending any significant quantity of time outdoors. The air conditioning got fixed yesterday, so now there's a constant pulsing thrum of cool air being circulated. I'm wearing my slippers to stay warm. I miss Gilmore Girls, and I find myself oddly comforted by the fact that the job Rory got at the end of the series would still be happening, so I "know where she is and what she's up to." And I must give a laugh and a wha? to the fact that the head of the organization Concerned Women for America is a guy. His name is Matt. Teehee.

No comments: