7/08/2008

My Life in Piles, Boxes and Envelopes

I just did some organizing/tidying, and now there are little piles of things all over my floor. Over by the stand-up mirror is a pile of things to be thrown out. A little ways away from that is my IPT/APT stuff. On the other side of the bed is a series of little piles of books; these are the books I have decided to take with me to England. I now need to figure out what to do with them until I leave. The reason I started this organizing/tidying spree in the first place is that my bookshelf was overstocked, so now it looks pretty good. I also tried to clear off some of the clutter that lives on top of my dresser, but I don't know if it's possible to actually get rid of all of it. It's one of those clutter piles that reproduces when you're not looking. It may also have roots down into my dresser. Actually, thinking about it, I suspect it eats my socks. Bad clutter.

Anyway, there's also a pile of storage boxes next to the piles of books. I'd put those away, but they live on top of the storage box I was putting stuff into, and I'm not sure that I'm done that just yet. I love my storage boxes. They are white and snazzy and very handy for avoiding putting things into piles. I also love my manila envelopes. They keep everything in order, are easy to label, and stuff doesn't fall out of them so easily like with file folders.

I'm debating which, if any, of my DVDs to take to England with me. They'll play on my computer, so I'll still be able to watch them. I'm not taking any of my CDs with me, of course, but I don't have any of my DVDs on my computer. It's such a pain in the ass converting the files that I'm not going to bother. I don't even have the software on this computer, come to think of it--when my old computer died, I didn't bother replacing it. I may wind up taking just the discs of some of my DVDs to save space. The problem, then, is deciding which to take. I asked for the Gilmore Girls complete series on DVD for my birthday, and that's a lot of DVDs, but I'd feel bad leaving them all here without getting a chance to watch them. Then again, there's no guarantee I'll get that as a gift, so... *shrug*

Also, in my organizing/tidying today, I realized that I have no papers pertaining to my employment at A&B Sound. I know I got a pay stub every two weeks, but I can't remember what the hell I did with them. I have all of my pay stubs from Old Navy. Hell, I even have them from when I worked at IGA in high school. No A&B, though. (No Motherhood, either, but they only ever paid me through special direct deposit, so I expected that.)

Wow. I just realized that I have only had six paying jobs in my life. That doesn't count various music-related gigs, but it does count tutoring Math in junior high school. And the campground. And the longest I was at any of them was... eight or nine months? Granted, I've been going to school and living at home, but it seems like I should have more than that under my belt.
My current job search has yet to be fruitful, but I'm certain I'll get something eventually.

I have a scrape on my elbow that was bleeding earlier this evening and is now sore. I actually would have quite liked to watch the fall that gave it to me from somebody else's perspective. I was wearing slippers and got the piping around the toe caught on the top stair at Peter's place and tripped. The reason I landed on my elbow and not my hands is that I was carrying two lattes at the time. This was the day after Canada Day, when Peter was hung over. I was bringing him coffee, and I wound up with a large portion of it all over my arms and the floor. It took me a while to notice that I was bleeding because I thought my elbow was just sticky from the coffee. Neither of the glasses broke or fell over, though. Small victories.

I should go to sleep now. I stayed up to finish organizing/tidying because the maids come tomorrow, and they can't vaccuum a floor covered in stuff, and while I still have that problem, it's much better now, so I'm going to get some rest and move the rest of the stuff out of the way once it's not 2am and I can actually make a bit of noise without waking my parents up. (If I can hear them snore while I'm in my bedroom, they can most likely hear me moving stuff around.)

Stupidly enough, I seem to have misplaced my pyjamas...

No comments: