7/17/2008

Summer Afternoon

It is a warm and sunny day. It is also my mother's birthday. My aunt and Kathy are over. They're currently talking about chairs. And how chairs aren't big enough. I'm not participating in the conversation. Earlier, they were trying to figure out what to do during retirement. Gardening was dismissed as being too much work. Ladies' clubs were endorsed. Golf was deemed good, of course, but not really any more beneficial the more you add to the amount you play when working. Or something. The birthday cake is very tasty.

Tea is being made, and Kathy has just left. I like tea. I am bored. Well, actually, I am sleepy. We had lunch (Subway) out on the balcony, and my seat wasn't in the shade and there was wine. It's been a couple of hours since then, but they have been uneventful hours. *yawn*

Now we're discussing my cousin who has cut herself off from the family. This is making me sad. Bed is sounding better and better.

No comments: