10/24/2006

IPP, IKEA and SM/GM

I have taken the morning off to complete my portion of that evil IPP project. However, I have just realized how easy my portion is, so I'm taking some time off that to update my blog. I'm so responsible. ^_^

We moved stuff over to the new house on Sunday. I'm still kind of sore. The movers come day after tomorrow, which I guess means I should pack my clothes and stationary-ish stuff so that they can move my dresser and desk. I also went to Ikea on Sunday because they were having an anniversary sale. Of course, it applied to nothing I purchased, so my credit card is now maxed out. I am, however, the proud owner of a new bookshelf, TV stand and armchair. :-)

Oooh, I guess I _have_ to go paint tomorrow afternoon if I want to get it done before my furniture is moved. I'd do it tonight, but, after my IPP meeting, I have to do a case study paper for my Drama class. *sigh* At least that, too, will be easy.

In other news... I will actually get a paycheque of substance on Friday, plus a profit-sharing bonus sometime before the end of the month. I thought I'd already gotten it, but apparently it'll be a seperate cheque, so who knows... Oh, and the sales manager at my work who has been going crazy since our general manager left has officially been promoted to the new general manager. *sigh* A lot of people are very unhappy about that. And our Wells-Fargo machine that we use for putting through financing transactions to head office was stolen. It was behind the customer service counter next the the front doors and the cash tills. The sales/general manager went to look for it on Saturday morning and couldn't find it. He asked me where it was and I was like "How the hell should I know?" In retrospect, it was actually kind of funny. However, that's tempered by the possibility that it was stolen by one of the salesmen. They, especially the guy who's second in command at sales, have been saying that if the sales manager were to get the general manager position, they'd make it as difficult for him as they could. But I don't think any of them are stupid enough to steal the Wells-Fargo machine. Part of me is worrying about putting this on my blog, but it really is just wild and unfounded speculation and second-hand venting. Plus, the people at my work use MySpace--they have this network and everything--so I doubt any of them will bother with my little Blogger page. ^_^

No comments: