12/23/2007

Christmas-y-ness

It is the night before the night before Christmas, and I am now done my Christmas shopping. Yay, me! Well, technically, I have to exchange the size on a pair of pants I bought for my mom to give me (she couldn't think of what to get me, so she told me to charge my gifts to her credit card ^_^). Silly pants. They're from work, and I own two pairs of the exact same thing (which is why I didn't try them on), so I'm thinking that this pair was just incorrectly sized or something. It does happen occasionally. *glower face*

Speaking of work, that's more or less all I've been up to the past few days. Seven-hour shifts suck, because they're the longest shift you can have with only a half-hour unpaid break. Any longer, and you get two paid fifteen-minute breaks and an unpaid hour-long break. I would much rather have a 9-hour shift than a 7-hour one. Oh, well. I'm earning considerably more money than usual, so I'm not really complaining. Yay, money!

I am greatly looking forward to Christmas, as well as Christmas dinner at Andy's place. I just wish I didn't have to work at 7:45 am on Boxing Day. Another seven-hour shift... Oh, well. I anticipate that it will be crazy enough that time will pass rather quickly. I get to be a cashier. There are a handful of people who have planned to not show up because their availability agreements say they can't work Wednesdays, but they've been scheduled anyway. Anybody who did not specifically book Boxing Day off was given a shift, regardless of their availability, and I guess that getting the extra people who can work despite their availability saying otherwise make it worth having ten or so people not show. My availability says that I can work, and I have no problem with doing so, so I figure I'm all good. Christmas dinner is planned for about 5:00, so I don't think I'll even be terribly hung-over on Boxing Day. ^_^

Ok, no more talking about work for the rest of this post. I promise.

It's kind of exciting, not having asked for much of anything for Christmas. It increases the surprise factor quite a bit. One of the the things I *did* ask for, though, was a wall clock (not digital) that doesn't tick. My mom has been saying that she can only find ones with cords, and, despite having insisted that battery-operated ones do exist, I can't remember any that I've seen that I was certain were battery-operated. I don't particularly mind the idea of a cord, though. Really, I just want a clock above my television that Peter won't insist on putting in the bathroom every time he stays over. The poor boy is very sensitive to small noises when he's trying to sleep. ^_^

But, yeah, other than a clock, the pants (and scarf) I bought myself, and (presumably) a new set of pajamas (like every year), I don't know what I might be getting. Gift cards, maybe. ^_^ I haven't even bothered to go check the presents under the tree to see if any of them are for me. I should go shake them. ^_^

I've rambled for long enough, so I'll end this post by wondering "aloud" whether we should bring Farley with us to Peter's on Christmas day: I wonder whether we should bring Farley with us to Peter's on Christmas day...

No comments: