12/03/2007

Mondayness

Three more days. Only three more days...

I'm currently skipping 282 (again) with the notion of giving myself extra time to practice for my Mini Gloria conducting final in an hour and a half. Blogging counts as practicing, right? I'm not worried about the conducting, but I am worried about the concert programming assignment. I have no information on it, which is weird because I'm almost always at Choral Tech, and I go through the old handouts when I haven't been there. The syllabus doesn't say anything about it other than what percentage of our grade it's worth. I'm fairly certain it's due today, though. I have ten songs picked out for a secular spring concert, but I have no idea if there was a theme we were supposed to follow. Even if there wasn't, I'm pretty sure I'm missing information like catalogue numbers for the pieces. Handing it in late won't be as bad as asking Bob to let me back into the room with the filing cabinets to get the rest of the information.f *feels like a disappointment*

Other than that, though, things are more or less alright. Ed Psych only has the final left, and 282 only has that and the mini-papers portfolio (I assume--I could be missing a listening quiz for all I know) and the portfolio isn't due until the 11th (I just had a mini panic attack and checked that ^_^). The Orchestration brass quintet is due Friday, and... yes, that's everything. Still, nervous about the pragramming assignment.

I haven't been sleeping well, either. I keep waking up at indecent o'clock and worrying for two hours. This morning I woke up at 5. I fell back asleep just in time to ignore my alarm for half an hour. This isn't insomnia, technically--it's called early morning waking, the most ridiculously over-specific name that could apply to this. I wish I still had some of my Imovane stash.

Let's talk about good things. Since neither of my siblings will be around this Christmas, my parents and I are all going to Peter's for Christmas dinner. There should be 8 of us there, maybe 10. This makes me very happy. I always hated not having people around at Christmas. Andy seems keen on making a Christmas pudding, and I'm not entirely sure what that is. ^_^ I expect my mom will want to bring some jellied salad. ^_^

Also, Peter and I's four-year anniversary is on Wednesday. We're celebrating on Thursday, though, because Peter has a mini-conference and I have to work on Wednesday. I am happy about this anniversary. ^_^

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grats on the anniversary, i can't believe it has been that long! :) And and i (*sobs a bit) will not get to spend chirstmas with you :( (*Evil smirk) Although we will have alot of family at my house i believe?

hehe :P
_jeni