11/28/2007

Blah

Today has been less than wonderful, and I am getting a tension headache. First, I was stuck in traffic for freaking ever this morning. And when I was *almost* out of Riverbend, I remembered that I forgot my music for my open score reading assignment. So I went back home and wound up getting to school just as my first class was ending. I missed the course evaluation. This made me sad, as it means I missed my chance to tell the department how crazy-full 282 is in terms of content. When Beethoven gets half a class, you know you're moving quickly.

So I practiced my score reading and Mini Gloria conducting. The Mini Gloria conducting is getting rather good, actually. I think I'll use a baton. I much prefer conducting with a baton. I was late getting to Choral Tech, though, so the sign-up list for practice conducting was already full by the time I got there, and I therefore could not practice conduct the class. After class was my open score reading "performance." I got in there and was promptly told that I learned it wrong, having learned it with the tenor line an octave higher and in the right hand. Bob made me play it in the left hand, which was about as familiar as reading Hebrew to me. I got the marks for it, but I was annoyed and ashamed.

That's really all that's happened today. Well, I guess the guys came this morning just before I left to deal with the carpet in the basement. On of our pipes had a slight dip in it, and got clogged and backed up, causing unpleasant water and black stuff to leak in the basement. My mom pulled up some of the carpet a couple days ago because it smelled, and she was about to cut it out, but my dad yelled at her. The insurance company was eventually contacted, and they're paying for everything. When I went home to get my music this morning, the wet carpet had been cut away by the contractor-company guys, and there is now a large section of concrete at the bottom of the stairs to the basement. The carpet in the whole of the basement, except my room, is going to be replaced, because the carpet company can't get us carpet that matches the dye lot of the stuff we have. Despite the fact that the whole deal was messy and gross, I don't think anything smelled bad. The only time I noticed a bad smell was when my mom busted out the bleach to wipe everything down. The air freshener she left in my bathroom to get rid of the bleach smell also reeked. I moved it out into the main room where it has more room to diffuse. My nose may have been bleeding a fair amount lately, but my sense of smell is still working fine. I have no idea what drove my mom crazy enough to pull up the carpet and go ask my dad for a knife.

No comments: