11/14/2007

On My Second Cup of Coffee

I'm at school, though I'm not really sure why I bothered. I slept through my first class, showed up to skip my second class, and have no intention of going to my third class. The only reason I'm here is because I don't feel like writing out my string orchestra score by hand. I had enough of hand-writing scores in Band Techniques class. And since I've never bothered to finagle myself a copy of Finale, school is the only place I can do this assignment not by hand.

My nose must have been bleeding recently, because I just rubbed it and got dried blood all over my fingers. Oh, and it's bleeding again. From both nostrils. Stupid winter. There are far too many extra things to think about during winter when it comes to overall health. I did copious amounts of laundry yesterday, and broke out the dryer sheets. Those, combined with keeping my skin moisturized and using a really good conditioner, are the only way to stop my hair from going ridiculouslly static-y for five months of the year. It felt really good to get the laundry done, though. I actually have a wardrobe to select from now. ^_^

I found out something sad and confusing this morning. I ran into Sara, a fellow trumpet player, in the elevator. I asked her how she was doing, since I hadn't really seen her in a while. She sighed and said that she really wanted to be done with lessons. Apparently, she's been really angry with Russ lately. I told her that Russ is usually pretty good about hashing that kind of stuff out, and suggested she tell him. She informed me that she had told him, and it had lead to screaming matches. That seems so... un-Russ. I mean, I've heard him talk about yelling at his kids, but I've never heard of him yelling at his students. I have no idea what he and Sara have been fighting about, nor do I know who started it or who's at fault, but it's all very disheartening. Russ taught me many useful things, and while I wasn't a star pupil, I never claimed to deserve more than what he gave me, marks-wise (I got a B+ in 425), and I think I did pretty well considering the complete upheaval my life endured while I was taking lessons. Russ may have been disappointed by the shift in priorities said upheaval caused, but he never seemed to resent it, nor did he ever insist I give more than I felt I could. I feel like I'm eulogizing some version of him here. It is sad.

Time to move on to my string orchestra assignment. First, though, I must go wash my hands. Stupid bloody nose...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must say, out of all the people that get bloody noses in Winter and in dry climates; I am not one of them. That is to say that I don't ever get them, but they are very rare.