2/15/2006

Ahhh... Relaxation

So this is us at the formal. Many thanks to Morgan for the picture. I still haven't bothered to charge my camera battery, but I'll e-mail you my pictures as soon as I do! marty didn't wear the tie I suggested, which was brown and pink, and went instead for the irridescent thing you see. Peter was smart and didn't wear a tie.







This is me in my spiffy MSA t-shirt that I won as a doorprize. It's exactly the same as the one I bought in September, but a different size and free! And it came with a rental certificate from Movie Studio, which I find to be most excellent. :-)








So today was a rare day. I had nothing pressing to do today, so I skipped my 9am 281 class and sat around enjoying myself all day. I do technically have Speech class in 11 minutes, but I'll only be able to go to half of it, and all we're doing is a continuation of an exercise I did my part of last class, so I decided to hang out a little while longer before going to watch Jazz II rehearse. Since Dr. Street is out of town all week for that saxophone conference, Tom Dust is going to be teaching our Band Tech class tomorrow, and we need to be at the rehearsal today to know what he's talking about. Well, I don't, really, since I've been in his band, but I'm gonna be a good little student (heh!) and go anyways.

Something I discovered on Monday: Sean's in town. Or, well, he was. He's also at that saxophone conference right now. He's back in good ol' North America to audition for grad school. Apparently Deebs and Len really want him to come back. But, yeah, I was sitting in the hall waiting for my lesson on Monday, and I hear Krippa talking to somebody. It sounds like Sean, I think to myself. And then I hear this person say "Yeah, I'm back in town for auditions," and when I go look, hey! there he is. So I got him to come to Earls with Peter and I for dinner that evening. He apparently got into town this weekend and was at our Wind Ensemble concert on Sunday. *nervous laugh* Oh, hey, I didn't blog about that, either. Well, we played Omaggio by Michael Ball, and there's this part in the last movement where there's this build with the brass fluttertonguing and it's noisy as all hell and then it abruptly stops. Then, there's kind of a 3/8 pick-up measure and the brass come in with these rips. The problem? Deebs screwed up the pick-up bar somehow and _none_ of the brass came in. The flutes made their entrance, though, so it kept going all right, but anybody actually watching the players would have seen the entire back row look at eachother in confusion. Other than that it went relatively all right, I think.

But, anyway, Sean will be back in town for I think five days next week, which, for all you peeps who still have school schedules like me, is READING WEEK! So there's going to be some sort of gathering. More will be known when Sean returns.

No comments: