2/23/2006

Moving Truck???

Peter is talking about Napoleons. The pastry. "To be fair, only in the context of eighth of inches," he says. We have to make more pastry cream. Making that stuff is like doing your first chemistry experiment in elementary school. One second, it's liquid, the next second, it's pastry cream. It's insane, and makes your arm sore to whisk.

The past couple of days have been good. I want an extra week of Reading Week, though. I don't feel like I've gotten quite the opportunity I wanted to relax and do fun things. I've been watching 10th Kingdom again, and Jenilee and I went to Ikea on Monday and I cooed at all the furniture I'll be acquiring later this year when we move. Apparently, my mother thinks I also need a new TV. I have no problem with that. The TV I have is older than I am and doesn't have enough ports. And have any of you gone to Ikea and sat in the Ekeskog chair? Not the Ektorp, the Ekeskog. It's big and poufy and the closest thing I can find to the gushy chair in the lownjlounge without the decades of wear and spores of mystery dust. ^_^ Check it out.

So my sister's getting married on July 29th. She couldn't tell my dad in person while she was here, I guess, so she called him less than half an hour before her flight left to go back to Vancouver. So it was kind of a triple-whammy for my dad. 1: Getting married. 2: Soon. 3: To a woman. Yeah, my dad didn't know she was gay. Well, he claims he kind of knew, but he hadn't been told. Apparently the wedding's going to be on the beach and we're all supposed to wear flip-flops. I'm happy with that. :-)

Okay, so the doorbell just rang and there's a big moving truck in the driveway (at Peter's). I have no idea what's going on, but I should really go find out.

ETA: I was the only one here when this happened, hence my concern. But it seems fine. Debbie's in the garage, so I assume Andy's around here somewhere. Still no idea what's going on, but at least it won't be my fault if stuff goes missing from the garage.

No comments: