2/10/2006

Killing Time While Hungry

At school. Very hungry, since I hven't eaten yet today, but I'm meeting Jenilee for lunch in CAB and that means I should wait until after 10:30 so the cafeteria is in lunch modea and not breakfast mode. I had a CAB breakfast on Monday, and while it was quite delicious, it was not at all healthy. So in 20 minutes I'll go have a sub or something.

Formal tonight. I ran into Chelsea (second-year trumpet major) this morning and she was really excited. I'm not that excited, but that may be because I seem to be getting a cold and my trusty Tylenol Cold that I keep in my locker is nowhere to be found. I coughed, sneezed and sniffled my way through 281 this morning. Blick. I have to go home this afternoon, though, so I'll get some medicine then.

Speaking of 281, I walked into class a minute or so before it started to find David Grammit talking with some of the people who were already there about the midterm. Apparently the results were bad enough that he's working on providing us with some sort of "compensatory measure." I thought I did pretty well except for the order of the Mass [insert MSN angel emoticon here], so I'm not sure where I stand. He said there was "a number of people" who got over 50%, and then he said he should stop talking because he was making it sound gloomier than it is, so now I'm worried. Worried and hungry.

I'm looking forward to Reading Week. I know that that's a little far ahead (well, a week) to be planning to actually get some sleep, but I just can't get any penciled in until then. Although I took last night off and went and had curry from Block 1912 with Peter, which was very nice. :-)

So our dress rehearsal for Wind Ensemble is this afternoon. I have to miss my Speech class for it, which I don't terribly mind, except that it meant I had to scramble to do my presentation of Wednesday instead of today, but that's over and done with. What annoyes me is that the dress rehearsal goes until an hour before the Formal starts, and even though I'm not bouncing with excitement like Chelsea, I do want to look nice. I've decided to do my makeup in stages. I've got the eyeliner and mascara on now, because those take the longest, and I'll do the foundation this afternoon before rehearsal, and then I can apply the stuff that makes it obvious that I'm wearing make-up this evening. See, I've got it all covered. ^_^

Ok, so it's only been 10 minutes, but I'm gonna head down to CAB now anyway. My stomach is getting rather loud.

No comments: