1/30/2007

Blah...

Feeling somewhat listless right now, and wishing I had one of those cheesy emoticon features on my blog like on livejournal so that I could have a little tiny bobbing picture of a squished yellow head sporting a tire tread mark. Maybe listless isn't quite the right word...

I have just finished eating an apple and I now have a piee of skin stuck between my teeth. I ate the apple because I was hungry and dinner won't be for a while, and, when it's ready, it won't be something I like. I don't mean to sound like a picky kid, but I don't like snap peas--I never have--nor do I like baked potatoes--and, again, never have. These are to accompany steak, which is fine, but which we have quite often around here. Oh, well, it's a vehicle for my dad's wine and my parents are leaving tomorrow, so I let my dad eat what he wants. I know I told people at Morgan's birthday party, but I don't think I mentioned it here that my parents are going to a resort in the Mayan Riviera for two weeks. It's one of those nice all-inclusive ones where you can subsist on waffles and tequila if you want. Man, I could stand to spend a couple of weeks doing that. ^_^ My parents haven't been to a resort like that since the summer I turned 12, and that was universally acknowledged as the Vacation from Hell. Not because of the resort or anything, though, which is probably why they're trying it again. Even I was a little young for tequila at that point. ;-)

My cold is getting better, though certainly not gone. My nose is very sore. I got to class on time this morning and there were two other people there. We hoped that, if enough people were sick, the class would be cancelled and we could go home. Then Tom came in followed by some guy. More people showed up and the guy left, at which point Tom told us to stay away from him. Apparantly, he'd been the cause of a lockdown at a high school last week when they told him he couldn't volunteer in their Music program and he flew off the handle. Tom knows him, but the guy's a little nuts. He wasn't sure if he should call Campus 5-0 or not, and we told him to.

A girl in my class named Jen is scared that she has Mono. This would be a _bad_ time for that. Her husband's not sick, though, so she's pretty sure she's just got a nasty virus.

Other than that, things have been pretty low-key around here. My brother came over on Saturday for his birthday. I *gasp* did homework. Oh, and I got my student teaching placement. I'm at an academic Catholic high school near where Peter lives. Those of you who can figure out which school that is will understand why I'm happy with the placement, but those of you who can't figure it out will have to be confused, since putting the school or teacher name on this blog would be unprofessional. For now, anyways. ^_^

Oh, and one last note: I've taken down the Tinuviel Henneth link because she's put a "Xanga Lock" on her blog, which means you have to log in to a Xanga account to view it, and, since I don't believe that anybody who frequents this blog has such an account, nor do I believe that they are interested enough in her to get one so that they can read her blog, I just decided that the link is unnecessary. Wow, that was a long sentence. Not cynically, I suspect that this lock has been put up because she's started dating a guy she's been set up with and she is possibly slightly uncomfortable admitting to the world that she and this guy are trying something, lest her self-possessedness be called into question. The self-described "Ice Queen," who has torrid, one-sided love affairs with everyone and everything she comes across (and doesn't hate), has been of interest to me for a while now, and I am saddened.

No comments: