1/10/2007

Il Neige

So it's the storm of 2007, or so they're saying, and I really did try to get to class this morning. It took me 45 minutes to get out of Riverbend, then I sat on the Whitemud for another 20 waiting to get onto Fox Drive before giving up. The radio station I was listening to said nothing about Fox Drive, but it was at a stand-still, apparently (I found out later) because it was really slippery and people were having trouble getting up the incline and around the corner just before Belgravia Road. So I pulled out of the exit lane and drove down to 149th street to turn around. And I stopped at the Bon Ton Bakery and got blueberry danishes that were ridiculously yummy. I brought them over to my mom's office and chatted with her and Kim while munching. And now I'm at home and technically there's 50 minutes left in my class, but I've put my car in the garage to recover a bit, and I think it would be cruel to take it out now and drag it to campus, so here I sit, blogging.

The wondows at the back of our house look like a snow leopard splatted against them; there's a whole bunch of one-inch circles of snow all over them. From inside, where I'm cozy and dry, the storm is pretty cool. I got up this morning and my mom told me I shouldn't go to class, and I told her I'd be fine, but I offered to tell her that she shouldn't go to work. Unfortunately for her, she works about 2km away from our house, and even though traffic within Riverbend was horrid, it took her less than half an hour to get to work, thus eliminating the "I just can't get there" excuse. But a danish made her feel better. ^_^

Other than the storm, things are going well. I feel so much better to be back in Music-related classes this term. I understand school Music so much better than I understand school Drama, and I'm capable of appriciating school Music a lot more than school Drama. I'm hoping that doesn't change too much over the course of my APT. I still don't know where I'm going, which annoys me, but I've received confirmation from Tom Dust that Ken Klause has in fact left the teaching profession, at least for this year, in order to start a deck-spraying business of some kind, so I don't think there's a school that I would seriously object to being placed at. I'm going to be playing tuba in Ed Band starting tomorrow night. I hope I can remember how. ^_^ Bb is open and the rest is on a 3-valve system, except for the lower range. Right? Here's hoping, or things will sound... bad.

I think I will take advantage of this free morning to do a load of laundry. Clean clothes are always nice. :-)

2 comments:

Jo said...

Don't worry, things will sound bad regardless of whether or not you remember how to play tuba!!! That's the fun of Ed band:)
Ken Klaus was at Scona, right? He had MY job.....music and gym.....I hated subbing for him. His PE classes were mean to me.....

'Nita said...

They'd probably spent too long around him.