1/23/2007

Yay! I Can Post Again!

For some reason Blogger has been doing weird things to Netscape recently, closing the browser whenever I click on the login page, so there have been a few times when I've considered posting something but haven't because it's been too troublesome. Right now, however, I am using Firefox, so everything should be good.

Do cough drops count as cold medicine? I'm not suppsed to take cold medicine because it makes my other medication not work, but I've been coughing lately, and I've been hedging my bets by buying those Halls Fruit Breezers, which have less medicine than their regular ones. They're remarkably tasty, and sucking on something gets me to swallow more, which lets less phlegm accumulate in my throat, but I'd either like to have more of the ingredient that dries out my throat, or, if I'm not supposed to have any, switch to maybe just some mints or something. I haven't felt too bad, though, at least. The cough is just annoying, as is the blowing my nose more often, which, since it's winter and the air is dry, makes it bleed. *sigh*

Otherwise, things have been pretty normal. Class goes on like always. We went on two "field trips" recently. On Thursday, we went to St. John's Music and they told us about their rental programs and score stock and repair program and all the stuff to tell your students to go buy from them. Yesterday, we went to the Alberta Band Association office, which I didn't know was across the street from Numchok Wilai, and Neil Corlett told us about their conference and mentor program and music lending library. We were supposed to go downstairs to the Alberta Choral Federation office after that and hear essentially the same lecture about Choral stuff, but the guy (whose name I can't remember) forgot and nobody was around. Nothing surprising about either excursion, but it was nice to have some areas of general uncertainty sorted out. And I've added to my booklet collection! Man, if I actually had a booklet collection where I kept all the booklets I ever got, I don't think I'd have space for a single other thing in my room. ^_^

Random Ramble: You know what I don't understand? Beyonce's current single, Irreplaceable. Apparently she's breaking up with this guy for picking up girls, impressing them with the car she boughtr him. He tells her that she's being stupid and won't ever find anyone like him. To which she replies "You must no know 'bout me... I could have another you in a minute... So don't you ever for a second get to thinking you're irreplaceable." There are a lot of questions this raises. Why did she buy this guy a car? Maybe she bought a new boyfriend a car because she was infatuated in the beginning of the relationship, and once the coup de foudre wore off, he went, uh, "cruisin'." Or, no matter of their relationship, is she saying that she wants another guy who'll cheat on her, or is she saying that every guy cheats and she knew that before this guy did? In either case, the hell? And what exactly is her point with the line "In my closet, that's my stuff. If I bought it, please don't touch?" She thinks this guy is a theif, too? How does that come from cheating? Or did she think that and still date him, regardless? And all this isn't even touching the double standard about how women should believe they are unique and dynamic and special, but the song tells the guy not to think he's irreplaceable.

[/end random ramble]

I'm going to the symphony tonight. It's their "Music from Video Games" concert. Shelly got Peter and Dave each a pair of tickets for Christmas. Dave went last night, though, since he'd all ready gotten tickets to go with Bioware people. I haven't heard what he's said about it, but
I'm expecting a fun night. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think cough drops count as cold medication....they pretty much just have eucalyptus and menthol, but I might be wrong. When in doubt...check the ingredients! If there are things other than menthol in the "medicinal ingredients" that suspiciously sound like they would be in a dayquil bottle....watch out! :):) I hope you enjoy the symphony....I have had the theme to Zelda in my head for the last 2 days just listening to the news reports on their performance!

chris burgess said...

And yes, Firefox is derived from the Netscape code base so if you have troubles with Netscape you're more likely to have the same troubles with Firefox than say IE, Opera, etc. =)

That being said, yes, blogger was flaky the other day. It took forever to get in to make posts.