1/05/2007

Friday Night Excitement

So I've reformatted my computer and it's more or less back to normal now. Ironically, though, I'm using my parents' computer right now, just because I don't feel like bothering with with setting mine up right now. Reformatting was easier than I thought it would be, since I had a System Restore DVD. I just stuck the disc in the drive, confirmed about five billion times that, yes, I understood that all of my data would be deleted and I still wanted to proceed, and it did its thing for a few minutes and started up good as new. The first thing I did was change out the atrociously difficult to look at Satellite background the Toshiba Windows defaults to. It's very busy and shiny and makes you not really able to see what's on the screen.

Then I had to leave, because Sean called and resheduled dinner for that night because he had to have dinner with Deebs the next night. It was a good night. There were only five of us there-- Sean, Angela, Dave, Peter and myself--but much good food and fun was had by all. Afterwards, we went back to Peter's place and successfully experimented with Chocolate Kahlua Milkshakes. Mmm... ^_^ Sean apparently leaves at ridiculous o'clock tomorrow morning, and will only be gone for four months, which is the shortest he's been away in years, which is nice. I declare that Jo and Eric need to come back when Sean does, too. And Iva, because I want to meet her.

I go back to class on Monday, and, as much as this break is nice (and was so very needed), I'm glad to being going back because I'm getting bored. I know Spike's daytime schedule too well. Going back means that I have to go buy books, though, and read the first chapter of one of them before Monday. *sigh* I should do that tomorrow. The bookstore will be open, I'm assuming...

This is possibly because of my IPT, possibly because I haven't done it in a while, but I'm feeling the urge to do some acting. This is odd, since acting isn't really what I prefer to focus on in Drama and tends to wring me out a fair bit. I totally don't have the time to do any acting, and, even if I did, I'm not sure where I would start, really, since all the acting I've done has been class-related, except high school, where it was still for credit (though my Jazz Band credits always superceded it as Performing Arts X5), and I have very few contacts who would be able to help me. *sigh* It's all moot, I guess, and that's probably for the best, but, at the risk of sounding pretentious, I'm feeling somewhat expressionistically frustrated, and music isn't what's coming to mind.

One thing I have do to soon: Find a copy of MS Office. My version of Windows comes with OneNote, because it's the Tablet PC edition, and while that's technically an Office application, none of the others are included. Last time, I used my mom's government copy, but she's lost that, and now I'm stuck. Peter has no copy, Jenilee is a Mac user... I guess I could ask Joyce. Or somebody else who reads this blog and still lives in Edmonton. Anybody have a copy of Office I could borrow? Does it have a key code? :-D

No comments: