1/25/2008

Musician and Actor: Unglamourous

So this weekend will be dedicated to learning my lines for my 383 scenes. The one we've been working on since Wednesday is mostly all right, but I'll have to spend some quality time with the ones for the mid-term project, because those have to be outright memorized. I only have one scripot so far, and I hope that the other guy in my group has his chosen for this afternoon, and that he'll let me borrow the book he has so that I can photocopy my scene. There were no more copies of the play in Rutherford, and the Edmonton Public Library doesn't have any at all. *glare*

I've spent most of this week feeling like crap. I've missed both of my French classes and both of my Theory classes so far, and I didn't get to rehearsal on Tuesday. When I went to rehearsal last night, we were playing this Huckleberry Finn Suite, and Wendy gave me and this other trumpet play a compliment on the duet we played at the beginning of the last movement, and it took me a minute to realize she was talking to me, even after she said my name. I really wanted to be in bed at that point, as at this point. ^_^ I'm making myself go to my French class this afternoon, though, since I really shouldn't miss a whole week's worth (there are marked assignments every class), and it's only an hour today. Plus, I have the script read-through later this afternoon that I *have* to be at, so there's really no point in skipping to sleep and then having to get up and go back to school.

You know, I bet that if I actually bothered to put labels/tags/whatever on my posts, most of my posts would have the same ones: school, work, tired, friends, dog, rant, and maybe a few with an announcement tag.

In other news, writing in a whole slew of grace notes to give music a country twang makes it really annoying to read. Also, A# grace notes before each of a series of repeated B natural eighth notes at a fairly brisk tempo is not possible on the trumpet or any other standard 3-valve instrument. Lastly, trombones are loud. Some of these kids were my students last year. Did I ever mention them here? There were many instances of "You're great, but shut up!" or similar. ^_^

I did two loads of laundry yesterday! Thus, I am wearing clean jeans and the bright pink sweater I got for Christmas, and I feel put-together. =D Three cheers for low bars!

No comments: