1/10/2008

Post 358

Ugh... It's not quite 11 am on Thursday, and I am sitting at home in my pajamas, hoping my latte will help get rid of my headache. Stupid being out of Advil... I am inexplicably exhausted. I slept for over 8 hours last night, and I've been sleeping fine for the past while, but, right now, I think I could give one defeated exhale and fall asleep exactly where I am. *rubs forehead*



Today I have my second 455 class with Bashaw. Apparently, since the time when I took 256, like, four years ago, the Theory program has been revamped. Whereas my 256 class was half Schenkarian analysis and half modal species counterpoint (!!), the new 256 is analytical systems for music of the first half of the 20th century. 455, therefore, is analytical systems for music of the second half of the 20th century. I'm quite looking forward to the course because I'm weird like that. We spent last class coming up with definitions for rhythm, pulse and beat. It was refreshingly challenging. :-)



Speaking of beats, I finally bought a copy of the (play analysis) book Backwards and Forwards. I'm thinking I should buy another so that I can have the catharsis of destroying it, but still have a copy to use. ^_^



We're playing W Francis McBeth's "Masque" in Concert Band. I have demanded that I keep my first part when the parts are redistributed this weekend. ^_^



Now, however, I must go in search of *some* kind of pain killer, because my latte has failed me. How could you, latte? Maybe my mom has some Advil...

No comments: