1/28/2008

Brrr!

I'm not entirely sure it was worth getting up this morning. It's bloody cold outside, and I guess it has also been snowing and windy, too, because there are snow drifts like mad. I had to walk through snow almost up to my knees to get to my car this morning. My mom was all agitated and being fatalistic that my car wouldn't start because it wasn't plugged in. I think the fact that I was annoyed at her was the only reason I went to school this morning. Btw, my car started on the first try. Also, I was supposed to perform in my directing class, but another group went instead. I suspect that has something to do with the fact that it took me an hour and a half to get to school, making me 40 minutes late for the class. I apologized to the prof, and, while he understood, he still wasn't happy, and I felt horrible. Like hell am I going to French class this afternoon, though. My mom's office has declared a snow day. According to various sources, Edmonton Public has never declared a board-wide school closure because of weather, though I do remember calling in "sick" for myself in the sixth grade when it was about as nasty out as today and my parents weren't home.

For today, though, I have cranked the thermostat to 72 and put on slippers. I hope my doctor's appointment isn't cancelled again this evening. Also, hot chocolate may be in order. That does sound most appealing. ^_^

(Low tonight of -39C *without* the windchill~! Christ, almighty...)

No comments: