1/21/2008

Read This

Good day, fine people! I am currently eating a "lunch" of BBQ-flavoured "Crispy Minis" (essentially rice cake potato chips) and diet A&W root beer. This makes me malnourished and happy. ^_^

I have a weakness for things that are "BBQ"-flavoured. ^_^

This morning, there was an odd and amusing coincidence. It was 8am, and the phone rang. I picked it up and gave an annoyed "hello?" It turned out to be the contractor who had overseen the building of the development we live in, and who is now overseeing repairs of the deficiencies. I go upstairs, give the phone to my mom, she talks to him, they hang up. I take the phone back down to my room, and, just as I'm entering, my cell phone starts to ring. Remember, it was 8am. I had been out of bed for a whole 15 minutes at this point, and I didn't get up willingly. I thought for a minute that I must have been experiencing some sort of auditory hallucination. Seriously. It turned out that it was my doctor's office calling to cancel my appointment this afternoon because my doctor is sick. Silly doctor. It occurs to me that I'm saying that very similarly to how I used to say "Silly logistic manager" when I worked at A&B Sound. I find that kind of amusing. ^_^

And then, at the start of class today, my prof scolded me for not helping put chairs into a circle, even though only one third of the class was there on time, and I say those who weren't should have been around to move their own freaking chairs. I felt guilty. :-( We then proceeded to discuss the midterm project and our current project for the next 100 minutes straight. I had a great deal of trouble staying awake at certain points. You know, I was just about to complain about the people in the class who talk too much and interrupt the flow of things to insert their own semi-random points, but then it occurred to me that there are in fact reasonably few of those people in this class. Of the 15 of us, 5 people talk a lot, but only 2 of them say semi-random things and interrupt what's going on--the other three say very relevant, insightful things. I should give them hugs. ^_^

We got an Eddie Bauer catalogue in the mail last week. It has their spring collection, things like tank tops and bathing suits and summer dresses. I actually went outside this morning to warm my car up before I left. It has been really freaking cold outside over the past few days. Even my dog didn't want to go for a walk yesterday. I therefore find it cruel to be recieving catalogues featuring swimwear and tank tops. I want it to be tank top weather... :-(

*looks around* My life is small... Maybe I should start making things up to put in blog posts. Then you guys (hello?) could try to guess which things are real and which aren't. It could be a game! *clapclapclap*

No comments: