1/07/2008

Winter Term

It's the frist day of classes for the new term, and I am so tired that I can't remember my locker combination. Seriously. My friend Lester said that I'm the third person who's told him that today~! I was 10 minutes late for my first class this morning, Drama 383, INtro to Directing, in part because there was something very odd going on at the intersetion of 111th st and 90th ave, at the four-way stop by the entrance to the N&U parking lot. And then I got into FAB and realized I didn't know where my class was, so I had to come to the lab to look that up on Beartracks. ^_^ I am currently sipping on a large coffee from Cookies by George and hoping that I'm more coherent for my Francais class this afternoon.

My Directing class was quite interesting, especially considering that it was the first class and all we did wsa go over the syllabus. Every time I get back to Drama, I am reminded of why it's so wonderful and why I love it, and I feel bad for not being able to dedicate more time to it. It's more or less the same thing as music theory--you have source material, either script or sheet music, and you have to interpret it. Different historical conventions can apply, and each word or note, sentence or phrase, means something. It's like reading something in code, like a spy. ;-p I expect that my apres-class blogging will occasionally contain musings/rants/questions concerning the material covered.

I have two hours until my Francais course starts. It's at Faculte Saint-Jean, and I'm not sure if I want to stick around campus and catch the shuttle, or if I want to go home for a while and then drive to FSJ. I guess that, if I take the shuttle, I only have an hour and a half to kill. I'm not entirely sure how I would do that with no books, no computer and no access to my locker, though... Maybe I'll go try my hand at opening that thing again. I've downed almost half the coffee at this point. ^_^

No comments: