1/18/2008

My Life, as it is Right Now

While I might normally be home at this time on a Friday, I've stayed at school to do my French homework. I did most of it, but I still have a 50-word "resume" of a paragraph to do. It should take me all of five minutes. Had I realized that the homework was the minimal, I would have gone home for a nap and free food. I suppose I could still go home for the tfree food (my class isn't for another two hours yet), but I might be pushing it with the nap. At least the class is only an hour today.

Tonight, I have a 4-hour cash shift, and then I'm saying goodbye to Old Navy. The extra sleep will be greatly appreciated. I'm ridiculously tired right now. I think I need to rethink my caffeination technique, so that, rather than having one very strong latte in the morning, I have multiple weaker ones throughout the day. You people must get very sick of reading about this. This is the way the logistics of my life work, though. Isn't that depressing?

In other news, I have re-entered the world of form and formal analysis in theatre over the past couple of days. I have been reconsidering my notion of plot, redirecting it through central dramatic action and spoken text. This is a basic approach for theatre, but I've been more involved in plain old prose fiction as of late, and I've begun to think of action as movement, and movement as an expression of subtext. I need to be more clear than that--I worry that my own endeavours are too obtuse, and having things actually happen, rather than just be implied, should help with that.

I will exemplify this endeavour by now going to get lunch, rather than simply stating that I'm hungry, ending the post, and leaving you to infer that I'm going to get lunch. ^_^

No comments: