9/21/2006

iPods!

I want a new iPod. "Fixing" mine didn't stick--it's still periodically unhappy. And the 80GB model is cheaper than the old 60GB model. I'm not even that upset that it doesn't have the big screen like I heard it might.

The problem, of course, is money. I owe my dad money, which I will be giving to him when he comes back from... where ever he is this week, and my mom's agreed to let me pay her back by buying new furniture myself, which is nice, because then I owe Visa money, and they don't glare at me every few days about it. I could probably afford the iPod, even after all this, since I'm working and whatnot, but the thing is that the iPod would have the same freakin' memory capacity as my computer. All I have to say about that is Holy Crap! And, of course, that I would have to buy an external hard drvie to store most of the video stuff I'd put in the iPod. My 20GB one is coming up on half full, but I'd be putting a lot of video on the new one, which means that I'd need more than the 30GB the smaller version has.

It's weird, but the idea of being able to keep all my music and (almost) all of my video with me is very comforting. I would have balked at that idea a couple of years ago, but owning my iPod has been like carrying around a little talisman of happiness and resource. I must be messed. ^_^ And if I don't get going soon, I'll also be late for my assessment class.

So! I leave you with this, fine people! What should I have inscribed, should I get a new iPod. I bought the one I have at a store, so it doesn't have an inscription, and I have no idea what to get, other than my name. So help me out, will you?

ETA: Check out my schedule for the week of the 3rd of October:

3rd: EDPS 310 Empirical Classroom Management assignment due.

4th: EDSE 322 Peer Teaching.
EDSE 322 Dramatic Form Paper due.
EDSE 322 Journal submission #2.

5th: EDPS 310 Midterm.
EDPY Assessment Items due.

I... May be a tad bit stressed around that time...

3 comments:

Jo said...

I see they haven't changed that aspect of the IPT term....we were the guinea pigs to the new format and they didn't plan it well, and we had EVERYTHING due all at once. It sucked.

'Nita said...

Well, to be fair, I was technically allowed to decide when to do my peer teaching for my Drama course. But I didn't have a group, so I signed up for a date that had space for me. *sigh*

Micah said...

My sentiments exactly about the iPod. My MacBook is only 60GB and having an 80GB iPod would mean that I could put not _all_ of my music on but a whole freakin' lot if it. And the whole talisman thnig. Funny how you can go years saying, "I don't need that" and then when you do get it you can't imagine life without it.