9/19/2006

Tuesday Morning

Huh. It's been a while since my last post. I was kind of hoping that someone would comment on that theory exam question I posted, but, oh, well. :-(

So I totally got hit on by this 40-year-old guy at Starbuck's earlier this morning. He was talking about the rain and was telling me about the umbrellas that he went through while living in Victoria. When I ordered a triple grande, he said he'd hate to see me in a bar. It was somewhat amusing.

I'm currently at Peter's, on my own computer, because my house is being cleaned and photographed so that it can be listed online. I'd be at school, but I missed enough of my Policy Studies class this morning to make it not worth going, and my next class isn't until 3:30. So I came here to putz around and possibly sleep, and I discovered that Peter was here, too, which was an added bonus. ^_^ He's excited because he just found out that he gets to go on a Blackwing Lair run on Friday. For those of you who don't know what that means, count yourselves lucky to have avoided a nasty addiction. ^_^

So our official moving day is October 26th. We get possession of our new house on the 13th (a Friday, of course), but the moving truck will haul all of our big stuff on the 26th. Which is good, because it gives me a chance to repaint my room before stuff goes in it. The painters said that they'd use the brand of paint I wanted if I couldn't find a comparable colour in the brand they used, and I couldn't, so I left my mom the paint chip from the other brand when I went to Uruguay. My mom then went out and found a colour that matched "perfectly," which of course means that it was three shades bluer than the colour I wanted, and gave that to the painters. So now I have to repaint. Oh, well. It shouldn't take more than a couple of coats, since the colours aren't _that_ different. Plus, with no furniture to move around, it'll be a lot easier than usual.

I am beginning to panic about all of the stuff I have to do this term. The week of October 3rd will be hell, with four projects due and one midterm. I made sure I wasn't working the weekend before, or, as much as I could make sure, since there's only a September schedule. I worked last night, and I work tomorrow night, but, after that, next Monday is my only other shift for the rest of the month. This is good, school-wise, but bad money-wise. Stupid money being a requirement of living. *sigh*

I think that's about all that's up with me these days. Inclusive Ed sucks, but the rest of my classes are fine. Work is work. Peter is doing well since getting back. My dog's as poodle-ish as ever. Yeah, my life's pretty dull... ^_^

No comments: