9/13/2006

Yes, I Spend Time Thinking About Stuff Like This

At school again. Long breaks and repeated forgetting of my trumpet leave me with not as much else to do I as I would hope.

Anyway, my assessment class yesterday got my mind back on this exam I came up with a couple of years ago as a nifty first-year theory (156) final. I want to hear what you guys think of it. It's not exactly a common type of exam, but it covers a lot of the principles of 155 and 156 and makes students apply them. Plus, I think it's really interesting.

Consider an interval both approached and written as a minor sixth (m6). You will write two short essays (2-3 pages each, handwritten, double-spaced), one arguing that this is a consonnant interval and the other arguing that this is a dissonant interval. You may use different instances of this interval for each essay, and include any existing or potential (TONAL) examples if you wish, either written in English within the essays or on manuscript paper. Each essay must be understandable on its own. Note that I have only specified how the interval is approached and written, not how it is left.

I am such a theory geek. ^_^

2 comments:

MorPRi said...

Janita!
I will be coming by on Friday, probably around lunch or thereafter. See you in the zoo:)

Morgo

'Nita said...

Morgan!
The day I don't have classes!
I'll be there, anyway, though, so no worries. :-)

PS: I don't know how my comment settings keep getting changed...